Chapter 33

Raelyn

"If you're going to be visiting this often, you might as well move in." I laughed as Adriano made his way into the living room to sit on the couch. "I actually wanted to ask if you could write me the recipe for that breakfast you made the last time I was here. I enjoy it very much. I might even get my cooks to prepare it for me." Adriano replied to me.

"I can do that, no problem." I said going to look for a pen  and paper. Adriano handed me a pen from his shirt pocket and a blank sticky note was lying on the counter which I took. I wrote down the recipe and handed it to him, which he took with gratitude. "You're too kind, Rae." Adriano said and grinned.

"I assume nothing is going on here." I turned my head towards the staircase where I saw Stefano coming down to join us.

"Actually-" I started, beginning to tell him about me and Adriano's conversation when I was cut. "Rae, he's letting us out of school. Don't ask for homework." Adriano said, looking at Stefano with a smirk. Adriano's smirk then withered into a frown.

"You cut off Giuseppe's ear? In the middle of my celebration? You didn't even have the courtesy to clean up the blood. I hope what he did was worth the mess you made."

"And I'll kill him myself if he disrespects me again." Stefano said, untouched by the bringing up of his heinous act. Adriano smirked in response and they soon found themselves into discussion about business.

"We've done a lot more for those who've deserved a lot less and they picked a fight behind their depth." Stefano said harshly. Adriano lifted his eyebrow as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "So you're voting for caution?" He asked Stefano skeptically.
"My strategy is nothing short of perfection." Stefano replied back.

Remembering that I was still here, existing, Stefano turned to my direction. "I have a surprise for you, Raelyn." He said. I watched as Adriano visible grinned behind his cousin. "Really?"  I asked, both my eyebrows raised in shock.
"Yes...I think you'll be very happy about it. Go get dressed."
"What? Well, what should I wear?"
"Anything will do." He said looking down at his phone.

I gave the both of them a suspicious look before going up. I put on a casual cream cami dress, relieved I finally found something. I didn't know what we were doing today, neither where Stefano was taking me.

Adriano followed in tow behind our car, following Stefano and I to our destination. Stefano slipped his hand under my dress and caressed my thigh.

***

"Do you own this one too?" I asked Stefano, stepping out of the vehicle as he closed the door behind me. We had arrived at a large restaurant in the middle of town and Stefano literally parked his car in the middle of the parking lot. A young man wearing a red vest came out through the doors and caught Stefano's keys.

"Yes, I do. This one is that just as busy." He opened the door for me and we walked inside the restaurant, him taking my hand in the process. Adriano followed from a short distance.

"We've already eaten breakfast." I mumbled to Stefano. It was still morning and the smell of syrup and pancakes wafted in the air.

"We're not here for breakfast, Raelyn. I'm doing you and me a favor." Stefano said, his face turned to me but his eyes looking ahead. I wanted to asked him what we were doing here but I felt like I was about to get that answer soon.

The three of us were greeted by employees and a few of the customers before Stefano led me to the back where there were double doors. I heard plates and glass clinking as well as commotion as we entered. As soon as we entered the room, the noise ceased and the employees halted their movements.