Chapter 35

Raelyn

I reread the note and my head started to hurt. This had to be some sick and twisted game. The only person who could know where Vincent is, is Stefano. Then again, Vincent is dead...unless Stefano spared him. I didn't recognize the writing as Stefano's either. I read the note again.

Why would someone just leave this note here? Maybe they wanted me to find it. I stuck the note in my purse and went to look for Alessio.

I entered the house with no intention but to shower and massage my feet. I heard chatter coming from Stefano's office and all if a sudden remembered there were two more vehicles parked outside. Adriano and Sacco were probably here.

I was startled as the door to Stefano's office opened, revealing a man who was on the heavy side and had a very familiar face. I bit my lip. He's Giovanni, Gigi's father. Adriano's laughter was then heard as Giovanni walked defeated out of the room. "Can you believe that bastard?" Adriano asked Stefano, continuing his mockingful laugh.

Giovanni nodded to me, before swallowing hard and exiting the house. That was his car outside.

"You have to be more careful, Adriano. He could've blown your head off." I heard Stefano say as I began walking past the room.

"Could have, but didn't." Adriano shot back.

Adriano's gaze locked with mine and his eyes lit up. "Rae, how are you?" I shook my head. "Could be better." I went up to my bedroom, totally disregarding Stefano's annoying gaze on my form. I didn't even look at him.

I was sitting in the tub of hot water for about half an hour when I heard my phone go off. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. It was Gigi! I mean, who else would it be besides Alessio, Caterina, Adriano, or Stefano?

I wiped my hand with a towel before reaching for my phone and answering the call.

"Raelyn! Oh wow you picked up." Gigi said excited. I missed her voice.

"Look who's talking. You have a lot of explaining to do, Gianna." I said using her real name to emphasize my point. "Ugh, you know how I feel about that name, Rae." Gigi muttered.

"You had me thinking you were dead or something, Gigi. Really, where have you been?" I asked her. I heard her sigh before she spoke up again. "Listen Rae I-I rather talk to you in person. Is there anyway you can meet me at our park?"

"For you, yes. I'll be there."

***

I stepped out of the vehicle and walked to the park bench where I saw Gigi sitting. Alessio was in the car, parked in a view he could watch me closely. Gigi was sitting there, her arms wrapped around her own body and her head snapping up as she heard my footsteps and scrapes along the sidewalk.

"Rae!" She whisper-shouted. I gave her a genuine smile that made the muscles around my mouth hurt.

I sat down on the bench right next to her and we hugged each other so tightly our arms almost locked around each other's bodies. She breathed in my scent and I breathed in hers. As soon as I started rubbing her back, Gigi shook her head and began to cry.

My heart tore as I pulled away from Gigi. "What's wrong, Gigi?" I asked her. My eyes narrowed as tears slipped from her eyes. I'm sure her vision was blurred.

She shook her head once more, looking down into her lap as if she were guilty. "You were right." She whispered. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Right about what?" Gigi wipes her tears with her fingers.

"You were right about Adriano." She said lifting her head up and squeezing her eyes tight. "I thought I was playing the game but he was just playing me. I was the game to him."