Chapter 22

Stefano

Stefano

My eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "That boy, I let him live and he crossed me." My Men had almost beat him to death to get my point across. I smiled at his boldness. Even after my warning he continued to blatantly disrespect me.

I don't tolerate disrespect. In my book, disrespect is like a cancer, you terminate it before it gets too big.

Adriano's body blocked my view. My eyes flickered up to his face. "Perhaps you've been too kind." He gave me a wicked grin afterwards and I returned it with a poisonous look.

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." I barked. "I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me...weak is not what you are going to remember about me." I gave him a deadly glare before ripping my eyes away from him.

I didn't miss the frown my uncle expressed. "Is this girl worth your name being dragged in the dirt?" He asked me harshly.
"People are talking." Adriano added, his eyebrow raised.

"They're beginning to question your authority. They're asking how you can control your soldiers when you can't even handle your own woman." Adriano chuckled.

"What people think of me is none of my business, So long as they keep their loyalty of course. As for Raelyn, my only mistake was underestimating her."I couldn't help grinning at the end.

She's as innocent as a dove and as clever as a serpent.

"Ah! This is a disgrace on our name!" I watched my uncle walk back and forth. He stopped in place and gave me a quizzical look. "You couldn't attain a woman with more class? Perhaps from a wealthy, noble family we are familiar with?"

"Uncle, I respect you. But please," my eyes didn't leave him."Besides, I've had them all." I admitted.

He looked taken back by my honesty but quickly a grin surfaced on his lips. "And your swiving of women every evening has ended?"

"I stay true to my word."

"She must have a pussy of gold for you to be acting like this." Adrian said. His outburst caused me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Bedding her before I wed her is against tradition, I'm sure you know." I said hinting the fact I haven't slept with Raelyn.

"We leave tomorrow morning." I said aloud, shifting gears. "I've already given instruction to the soldiers to go into New York. They couldn't have gotten that far."

"Damage or no damage?" Adriano asked with a smile of mischief.

"My soldiers know not to do too much damage. New York is not our territory. It could mean war if we step out of line." I explained. Uncle nodded in approval.

"I've talked to Marco Morelli as well." I added.

"Capo of the Brooklyn Band." Adriano said intrigued.