Chapter 13

Raelyn

Looking into the body mirror placed in the corner of my room, I attempted to tug my dress down just a bit. My cream dress stopped just mid thigh and was shorter than I'd usually preferred. The dress outlined curves I didn't even know I had and made me look like a woman.

Mother made sure I had shaved and done  my makeup properly. She also flat ironed my hair and made comments about how Stefano appreciates a woman with beautiful long flowy hair.

"Put on that necklace Stefano gave to you and make sure you smell like a lady should."  She told me, doing a few touch ups to her makeup as she stood in front of my mirror.

I obeyed her, walking over to my dresser and picking up my perfume bottle. I sprayed myself about three times, feeling my mother's eyes on me through the mirror. Lastly I picked up the necklace And quickly put it around my neck, not even sparing it another glance.

I was only choosing to behave now so I could misbehave later at the dinner.

"Mother, don't you think all of this is just a bit too much for dinner?"

"Yes, but we're having dinner not just with any man."

"But mother-"

"This dinner is about making an impression. You are going there to show him why he made the right choice in picking you as a bride. You're going to show him why out of all women in Boston, you are the best. He's known many women."

Wow, so even mother knows he's no stranger to bedding women.

*

We were about half an hour from home when the black gates shielding an enormous home opened, welcoming us into the owner's premises.

The sky was grey in color, complimenting the dark hues that accented the Mansion's exterior.  I felt my stomach hurting already from my nervousness and discomfort. This was really happening.

Pull yourself together, Rae. You're having dinner with a mobster, not marrying him. Then I remembered...why do I have to feel so nervous? I knew what I was planning to do tonight.

There was a man wearing a tux that was standing in front of an open garage. He waved his hand to signal he wanted us to drive in. As our car approached the garage, the man slowly walked out of the way and stood towards the passenger side of the car where mother sat.

I recognized the man from the night Stefano saved me and also the one who accompanied him into my home the day Stefano had to discuss arrangements with
my father.

He appeared to be in his late twenties. Maybe 28 at most. He isn't mean looking, but he is big in stature and his muscles could be outlined through his tux.

He opened the car door for my mother and when he came around to open the door for me, I avoided his intense gaze. "Thank you." I muttered.  He merely nodded his head and gave me a side glance.

Nothing was said as we followed him into the main entrance of the mansion. I felt small as we got closer and closer inside the home. The house was even larger than it appeared from a distance.

My breath escaped my lungs as we entered the mansion. I've always seen the interior of large homes in magazines and television shows but nothing compared to the interior design I was looking at right now.

The mansion was spacious and so clean. The tiles were dark in color and appeared to be of marble, large gold chandeliers dangled from the very high ceiling and numerous paintings and miniature statues were placed strategically in the home. The dimensions of the home were so well crafted as well.