Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Raelyn

The building didn't look much like anything and each set of stairs I walked up led to empty rooms. Each room was dark and creamed in cement and it seemed to be an abandoned apartment project. I looked down at the note in my hand, wondering if I had truly arrived at where I intended to be. I had to go soon before Alessio began looking for me.

I decided to walk up more steps until I reached the top story. Yet again, I discovered nothing. Turning around, I jumped and screamed when I saw someone standing in front of the opened door.

It was a woman. Tall, lean, ombré colored hair, and a pretty face. Gillian. She had a gun pointed towards me and her face wore a wicked, daring grin.

My heart raced about a hundred beats per minute from the scare and from the weapon pointed at me. "What's... what's going on..." I was so confused and frightened. "No sudden movements, Rae." Gillian said my name with distaste as she followed my movements with the gun.

She stepped closer and closer to me, and when I took a step back, she fired the gun. I don't think i've ever screamed so loud. I covered my mouth as she yelled. "Shut up! Just shut up!"

I nodded my head and the tears started racing down my cheeks till they hid my hand. "Look at the wall." Gillian said moving the gun to the place she shot, there was a dent in the wall that made my heart sink to the pits of my stomach.

"It could've been your head..." She said slowly.

She followed every move I made with the gun and walked towards me until she had the head of the gun to my temple. My body was convulsing and I felt myself sweating profusely. "You're the one who wrote the note, aren't you?" I asked her.

"Congratulations, you've figured that much out. Now, you're probably wondering where the person you came for is..." she said teasingly, I just stayed quiet, not uttering a sound.

"He's dead. I'm actually surprised you fell for it. Why would you think Stefano spared him? You're stupidly naive." She sneered at me.

My vision blurred even more. I couldn't believe I got myself into such a mess for nothing. Vincent is really gone and now I am about to be, too. "You know, I wonder how you do it. Stefano's always had a thing for you, and I never understood it." She slid the tip of the gun to under my chin. " If it wasn't for you and that stupid will, he would've been mine."

"You knew about the will?" I asked her slowly.
"I've done my digging. That will is the only reason why our relationship had to come to an end. I'm getting you out of the way." She whispered the last part, sinisterly.

"And..and you think he's gonna go back to you once I'm gone? There are many women he can choose." I furrowed my eyebrows. Gillian began to laugh. "I didn't want you to find out like this-wait-maybe I did, but Stefano and I've been seeing each other behind your back. He didn't want you to divorce him and leave him with nothing."