Chapter 36

Raelyn

Raelyn

"Next Thursday Evening."
"Done. Anything else?"

"Can I bring someone else?" I asked Adriano. His eyebrows furrowed and he raised his chin. "What? You do know how risky that is?"

"I escaped once with a plus one and we flew under the radar. It won't be hard to do it again." I challenged. "Who are you trying to add to this?" He asked, looking at me up and down. "Gigi." I said.

His eyebrows raised in surprise. "Gianna Marino?"
"Don't act like you don't know her." I said back, annoyed. "Oh it's not that. Hm...I can make that work. Just...be very careful. Stefano knows she and I have been messing around. With tensions high, if she does happen to get on that plane and disappear, it would look like I had something to do with it."

"But, if I'm gone as well, it would just look like I persuaded her to run away with me." I told him.
Adriano smirked. "You're smart, you know that Rae?" He took his pen and clicked the end of it on the desk. "Tell her to prepare at the latest notice. Don't let her know the source of those tickets."

"You seem to not care at all that I'd take her with me. I'm guessing that would make things easier for you?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Adriano's grin withered. "Despite what she might have told you, there was nothing more to our relationship than fucking."

***

After wrapping my wet head with a towel, I decided to go to the kitchen and find something to eat. That is, if the cooks hadn't prepared something already. My steps were halted as I heard Stefano's voice. I didn't expect him to be home at this time. He usually didn't come home until late at night. I heard Alessio's voice as well and I decided to stay quiet and listen in on their conversation.

"Nothing's wrong with her correct? She's eating, she's occupied, she's safe..." Stefano said. "Yes Sir, there's been no suspicious activity. You don't need to worry." Alessio responded. "Thank you, Alessio. Now, with her schedule do you think it's possible for me to take her out or do something nice for her?"

Stefano wants to do something nice for me?

Alessio chuckled. "With all due respect, do you think you have open space in your schedule to do something nice for your wife?"

Stefano chuckled. "Not quite, But we've been so submerged with dealing with those bastards that I haven't had the time to tend to my wife. I'd like to do that sometime before something else comes up." He said more serious. My face softened.

"Any ideas in mind?" Alessio asked. I heard their footsteps getting less audible as they walked further down the hall.

Part of my mind told me that Stefano just hadn't been around because of work, and another told me that he was using me being in love with him, as a driving force to submerge himself deeper in work. Although I was still upset with Stefano, I still couldn't help but be touched by the fact he's been thinking of me all this time and was even planning on doing something nice for me.