Chapter 25

Raelyn

Raelyn

I stared straight into my lap, nothing going in or out through my ears and no messages being sent to or sent out from my brain. The only thing that I was aware of was the tear in my heart that was bleeding profusely.

I'm sitting in the back of a black vehicle, a made man to my left to make sure I don't attempt to roll out the car, another man was driving. Stefano stayed behind where he killed Vincent. A sob escaped my lips as I imagined all the horrible things Stefano could have done to Vincent. It frightened me what he could be doing to his body.

I felt my heart puncture every time I thought of Vincent. It was just bizarre to me. Just a couple of hours ago I had just woken up in Vincent's arms and now he's dead.

A sound left my lips shakily as I held my body. All I had on was a big shirt and shorts that disappeared under my shirt. I felt so unsafe and self conscious around these men. I hated these men, but more than my hate for them, I hated their boss just worse.

I hate him for stealing my life from me. I hate him for taking away the life of someone that meant so much to me. Someone, that I was supposed to build my life with. All made men do is take lives. They deserved to burn in hell.

The car stopped at a large hotel.

"Behave. We will be immersing ourselves in public." Said the man sitting next to me. He watched me with cold, evil, calculating eyes. He frightened me, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I clenched my jaw and folded my arms, looking away from him.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me. When he saw I wasn't budging, his eye twitched and he gave me a look of annoyance. He then smirked. "Vanzetti has allowed me to use any necessary force for your compliance." He informed me.

My blood chilled. I didn't want him to grab me or worse yet, stick a needle in me.

I got out of the car and followed the men reluctantly into the hotel. The only thing that kept replaying in my mind were the gunshots that went off in the motel I was just sharing with my boyfriend just hours ago.

The man that had opened the door for me opened the hotel door and my heart dropped. "What are you going to do to me?" I said shakily, taking a few steps back until I bumped into the other man. I gasped and moved to the other side. My heart was beating hard against my chest and it felt as though nothing in this world could calm it down.

The man in front of me scoffed.

"You will stay here and wait for your husband to be." He replied, giving me a grin as he watched me shudder. I couldn't bare to look at their smug faces. They lived for my discomfort, for me to be on my knees. I gritted my teeth, my eyes watering again.

"Am I going to be in here alone?" I asked, cursing myself for the crack in my voice. I was looking anywhere but them two.

"Enrico will keep guard and I will be keeping you company." The one who got on my nerves the most, said. He opened the hotel door and raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to walk in.