Chapter 18

*don't disappoint me, this is 4K words. Haha enjoy. 🌸*

Raelyn

Raelyn

Gigi
HE GAVE YOU WHAT????!!
1:36pm

I read the text Gigi sent me and nodded as if she were here to see me. Gigi and I have been texting back and forth since morning about my birthday party yesterday. I told her all about Stefano's wicked idea of a present.

Just talking about him made me upset, but I was so into our conversation that I felt I had to tell her about his gift. It made me uneasy...the thought that he could have imagined what I looked like under my clothes, the fact that the lingerie was in my size...it was unsettling.

I frowned.

Suddenly, I heard fast approaching footsteps to my room door followed by my mother's yells. "Raelyn! Raelyn?" She said in two different tones.

It was funny how I could distinguish them even though she was screeching and squealing.

My mother opened my door and when she saw me, her hand flew to her chest and her chest was rising as if she ran a marathon. "Yes mother?" I asked with deference, though my eyebrows were knitted.

She gave me a gentle smile before taking careful strides into my room.
"Stefano is on his way to pick you up for your date."

My heart fell into the hollow pits of my stomach. "Date?" I asked incredulously. I didn't know about any date, neither did I accept an offer to one with him.

When I snapped out of my daze, I realized my mother was already rummaging through my closet.

"Mother-"
"No time for that." She interrupted me.
"Get your behind into the shower to freshen up." She said as she sized the black skirt she was holding up.

"Now Raelyn!" She said when I wasn't moving off my bed fast enough. I scurried to the bathroom.

I knew there was no way my mother was going to let me stay at home today, especially since she wanted me to go on this date with Stefano I had no idea about.

I didn't recall him ever asking me out on one, neither did I even recall him saying the magic words before sliding the ring over finger. I wish there was a way I could opt out

"Wax! Shave! Use that knew scented soap I brought you!" My mother yelled in the distance. I scoffed. As if there was anything to wax or shave. She made sure I was all done up even before my birthday celebration.

I continued to block her voice out as I shook my head.

*

I wore a black skirt with fishnet leggings and a floral shirt tucked in, giving me a classy look. My mother added the necklace Stefano gave to me, along with my engagement ring to complete my outfit.