Chapter 5

Raelyn

"Raelyn if you don't tell me what is going on, I'll shake it out of you." Gigi threatened me. I knew she wasn't bluffing by the crazy look in her eyes.

I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to regain myself from shock.

She walked up to me quickly and scanned over me, her hands placed on my arms. "Did he do anything? Did he touch you? Threaten you?" Her buzz of questions made me dizzy.

"No, no Gigi. He just...we just talked about what I had told you."

"The bastard cornered you." She said under her breath. I tried to swallow down the lump in my throat. "Well?" Gigi pressed. I looked at the entrance to make sure no one was there. "He didn't say much."

"Walk me through everything, Rae."

"Okay," I started. I took a breath in and then deeply exhaled. "I was just curious so I went into this room. A few minutes later he entered. I was so scared, Gigi. I told him I was sorry and right when I was about to pass him, he said he didn't mind."

Gigi furrowed her eyebrows at my last sentence.

"I insisted to leave, but he cut me short and said that I had to stay where I was because we needed to talk. I guess he could tell how scared I was because he walked up to me and told me the rumors I've probably heard of him were true, but that he didn't harm women."

"Oh..." Gigi said taken back.

"I was becoming very shy by our closeness so I avoided eye contact with him. And then...he told me that he could only assume I was going back on my promise to not tell anyone about what happened, since I wasn't looking him in the eyes."

"Eye contact is important in the mob, Rae." Gigi told me.

"It makes sense." I said back. I played with my fingers more. "Anyway, I thanked him for what he did that night." I almost felt ashamed at what I just said. I was thankful he killed a man?

"He didn't say you're welcome, did he?" Gigi asked, a grin on her lips. I then replayed stefano and I's encounter. I frowned. "No, he didn't. Instead, he told me that I wouldn't be lucky next time, and that I knew how this town was."

"That's as close as anything you'll ever get from him. He's an asshole, Rae. Don't try to see anything else in him." Gigi said in a matter of fact tone.

I became defensive. "He isn't that bad."

Gigi gave me a humorous look. "You don't know anything about him, Rae."

I wanted to argue back, but I didn't have enough evidence to support my claim.

Stefano

I relaxed my hand as I saw that it was just Raelyn's friend that was entering the room. I felt Raelyn's eyes on me and as I looked down at her, I took in her pleading eyes. Without a word, I left the room.

I returned down to the main floor where my guests were waiting to kiss my ass.

I scanned the room with my eyes, lifting the corners of my mouth slightly as my gaze lingered on Raelyn's father.

"Sir," I tore my gaze from him and onto Sacco. "Yes?"

"Senator Franklin wishes to speak to you."

"If he wishes to speak to me, he must present himself." I said smoothly, my eyes resting on Richard and his wife once again.

*

"Spare me." The words left my lips distastefully. The entertainment couldn't perform because of their lead singer falling ill. I myself was becoming bored with the instrumentals.