・゚✧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

HANAE POV

HANAE POV

Last night had been chaos. The only thing I wanted was for Jennah to have a unforgettable birthday celebration with the people she loved, and instead it had ended in tears and family feuds. The words I had said to Joel had been completely out of line, and so had the act of kissing Yashua right before him. But who was I to blame? It was an act of kindness and gratitude, but after the rumors that had been circling since the clubbing . . . I understood why Joel had acted the way he did.

But what had bothered me besides the incident, was the absence of Katalina at the birthday party. I had tried calling her several times, simply being directed to her voice mail and that left me worried for her wellness. Patricia had insisted on spending more time with Jennah, so therefor I found no problem in her doing that whilst I went to check on my best friend. Tapping my hands against the steering wheel, I decided to get out of the car and find out what was wrong with my best friend.

I walked into the apartment complex, greeting the lady behind the desk and taking the elevator to the eight floor. Standing face to face with her door, I took a deep breath and knocked on it. Around two minutes passed before the lock turned, revealing my best friend looking completely normal. Her hair was straightened, her perfume filling my nostrils and her outfit on point. It seemed like she was just fine, so why had she decided to skip the party?

"Hanae? What are you doing here, something happened?" She began asking worriedly, raising her eyebrows upon seeing me there. I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest. "I could ask you that. Why didn't you come last night?" She shifted where she stood. "Come in then." She simply replied, moving to the side and letting me walk past her. "Well?" Pushing on my words, I turned around to look at her and noticed how she was intertwining her own fingers together, nervous gesture. "I didn't feel like going." She acted as if this wasn't important, waving the question away and walking passed me. She was unbelievable! I followed close by, throwing my hands in the air. "Didn't feel like . . . Jennah is your Goddaughter, Kat! If anyone should've been there, it was you!" She turned to look at me, sitting down on her suede couch as if this conversation wasn't of her importance. She shrugged her shoulders, pressing her lips together. "And did you guys have fun?" "You are unbelievable! Aren't you going to at least try defending yourself for not attending?" She shook her head, looking down at her nails. Avoiding eye contact, another nervous gesture.

"I told you that I didn't feel like going, what else do you want me to say!" She exclaimed, hands connecting with her thighs. "To apologize for missing Jennah's most important day, that's what you should me apologizing for! God, Kat! It's like you don't even care about the fact that you missed something that was super important to me!" She rolled her eyes, biting on her inner cheek and looking out the view from her apartment. Everything she was doing was closer to clicking in my mind: from avoiding eye contact to nervously biting on her inner cheek. The only times she did this, was when she was fighting something on her own. All these signs were adding up and I could feel my anger slowly dying. "Does this have to do with the fight you had with Richard?" Her eyes immediately shot at me. "How do you know about that? Did your little sissy of ex run to you like the lost puppy he is?" Placing my bag on one of the small coffee tables, I took a seat by her side and looked at her with soft eyes. "Don't call him that. But yes . . . he told me he walked in on you both fighting and that things were said between you." She still sat avoiding eye contact, her green eyes looking out the window. I could swear that I saw her fighting her emotions, trying not to let them take control.