・゚✧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝘍𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

ONE MONTH LATER

ONE MONTH LATER . . .

The past month had gone by so fast, finally being able to return home and begin a new life as a mother of a beautiful angel. After the return to a daily life, Joel had tried his best to be part of our lives as much as he could, taking every possibility to be by our side.

I sat in the living room with Jennah peacefully resting in her basket, my eyes looking down at the fashion magazine and searching for new furniture to decorate the apartment and make it more CHILD APPROVED. Looking down at the time, I knew it would only be a matter of minutes before Joel would be arriving from Chile, after having been in South America for the past two weeks. I silently smiled for myself, realizing that he would once again be by our side. Kat hadn't been too pleased when she'd heard about the talk Joel and I had at the hospital, believing that something was off with Oriana. And as we all knew . . . Kat's bad feelings were mostly correct for the most part.

I heard a knock on the door and placed the magazine on the couch, walking towards the hallway and opening the door. "Hey." Joel greeted me with a smile upon his lips, carrying his bags into the apartment and dropping one of the duffel bags in his hands. "Is she sleeping?" I simply nodded my head, jerking my head to the side to signalize her position. "I'll carry your things to the guest room." I announced, earning a shaking head. "I'll take them, don't worry. I'll take a shower too and then I'll be out, okay?" I simply nodded my head and returned into the living room, hearing as Jennah had decided to wake up just in time for her daddy's arrival.

"Hey baby, did you sleep well?" I lowered my voice to the baby in the basket, lifting her up and holding her against my chest. "Daddy just came home, are you excited?" Jennah only made petite sounds, her lips pressed against my exposed shoulder. The soft feeling of her neutral skin brought a smile to my lips, the warmth radiating from her body filling my every being. Motherhood had left its mark upon me, making me more organized and mature than before the pregnancy. I held the baby close to me, hearing her slow breathing as her round eyes looked out the window and at the view of Miami.

Twenty minutes passed and I could hear Joel exiting the guestroom and appearing by the kitchen counter, smiling as he walked over to hold Jennah. "Hola mi princesa." One of the things that brought butterflies to my stomach, was Joel speaking in Spanish. And lately, he'd been speaking it more frequently to Jennah –– hoping that she would learn it better than he did whilst growing up. "How have you been treating mommy? Good, I hope. She deserves nothing but that." He smiled at me, causing me to shake my head ( with a secret smile upon my lips ).

"So . . . I thought we could go out, maybe to the beach?" He turned to look at me, earning a simple nod from my part. "That sounds great. I think it's good for Jennah to be outside from time to time." I explained, drying my hands on the cloth hanging from the kitchen counter. "I'll go pack her bag and get things ready." I exited the room, going into my bedroom and collect a few items that would be useful whilst being outside.