・゚✧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴

HANAE POV

HANAE POV

I had awoken the next morning with the sun shining through the window and without the soft crying of Jennah by my bedside. Rubbing the sleep away from my eyes, I instantly noticed that she wasn't laying in her crib anymore. My heart started beating fast, nearly breaking through my ribcage and landing upon the floor. "Jennah?" Where the heck could she be? I instantly got up from the bed, wrapping the silk robe around my body and running into the common room, only to find Joel sitting on the couch with an awoken Jennah in his arms.

"Thank god." My hand went to rest against my chest, earning a concerned look from Joel. And for a second I thought that our daughter had been stolen from under my sight. Sighing, I went to sit down beside him, placing my hand upon his shoulder and shaking my head. "I just woke up to her not being in the room and thought something had happened." Explaining my concern, Joel simply frowned and looked at me with worried eyes. "I just thought I'd let you sleep in for longer and went to get her. I didn't want to scare you, I'm sorry . . ." The baby lay in his arms making bubbles with her mouth, rubbing her fist across her face. "No, don't think about it. It's just weird to have someone else taking care of her also, after being a month with her without much help."

He simply smiled, pressing his lips against her forehead and placing her in my arms. "The boys are in town and we have to do some work in the studio, but I thought maybe you both could come with me? I think the boys would appreciate seeing you again and Jennah." Her petite fingers wrapped around my index finger, looking down at the baby as her enormous brown eyes gazed into mine lovingly. I turned to look at Joel, nodding my head in agreement with him. After all –– it would be good to see the boys again and introduce the little one to the boys.

"I'll go take a shower and then I'll take over Jennah whilst you get ready, how does that sound?" Jennah giggled at his words, causing us both to simply smile at one another. "I think that sounds like a great idea, and I think Jennah agrees with you." Watching as Joel got up from the couch, he disappeared into the guest room and left me alone with our princess.

I walked into the bedroom and placed Jennah in her crib. Walking towards the closet, I brought out a simple pair of skinny jeans and a white top, matching it with a nude jacket and a pair of white converse. Considering this was Jennah's first meeting with the boys, I only thought it was suitable to doll her up for the meeting. Bringing out white leggings, I paired them up with a purple dress and a white flower-band, to keep her curls from bothering her eyes.

After half an hour . . . we were all ready and left the apartment for the studio.

JOEL POV

We entered the studio after a half an hour ride, holding the door open for Hanae to enter with the stroller. The guys were gathered around the open space where the instruments were placed, Zabdiel sitting by the drumming set and immediately noticing us entering. "Look who finally decided to show up!" He exclaimed, causing the rest of the boys to turn around. "And he brought Hanae and the baby!" Christopher almost stumbled over the wires as he ran towards Hanae, giving her a gentle kiss on her chin and looking down at the stroller.

"Oh man, it's a female Joel." His hand covered his mouth, a shocking expression upon his features that caused the rest of us to laugh. "Bad luck for you, Erick. Seems like you ain't got no chance on this baby." I turned to look at Erick with raised eyebrows, noticing how he was laughing at Christopher's outburst. "Let us see the little one!" Zabdiel left the drumming set, walking towards Hanae with Richard following close behind.

Hanae proudly bent down to pick up our princess, resting her against her chest and letting her eyes roam the new surroundings. Her bottom lip quivered upon seeing so many unfamiliar faces, Zabdiel immediately stepping up to take hold of her little hand. "Hey little one. I'm uncle Zabdiel. Don't mind these pendejos around here, they're not as scary as you think." I noticed how Hanae melted over the way Zabdiel was acting with Jennah, causing my lips to pull on a smile.

"Joel! You're first in the booth." Renato announced, greeting Hanae from afar and not noticing the baby in her arms, because of the half circle around her. I nodded at him, walking over to Hanae and pressing my lips on her chin. "I have to go work, but I'm guessing you're in good hands out here?" She simply laughed, letting Richard take hold of the baby girl. "I think Jennah has enough uncles to play with around here. Just go do what you do the best, senior Pimentel." Her eyes glittered at the mention of my last name, causing me to simply smile at her and leave to enter the booth.

HANAE POV

Watching Joel leave to work caused my attention to be drawn towards the remaining four guys in the room, noticing how their attention was mainly focused upon Jennah. It seemed as if she'd already grown used to Zabdiel and Richard, the other two clowns simply keeping their short distance from her and occasionally laughing at her silly ways of forming bubbles. Zabdiel came over to me with arms crossed, my eyebrows raising at him in question. "Something wrong?" I questioned, putting weight upon my left leg. "I'm just congratulating you on such a wonderful daughter. She really got the best from both her parents." That statement brought a smile to my lips, my eyes locking with my perfect little thing. "Yeah, she's my angel." I simply replied, returning to look at him.

"So . . . what's the deal between you and Joel? You both seem to be on good terms now, am I right?" His thick Puerto Rican accent was showing through his words, making it sometimes hard to understand what he was hinting at. I withdrew a breath, simply tilting my head to the side. "We talked last night about us and where we both stand in our relationship. It's obvious that nothing has ever been over between us, but as of right now . . . we're just trying to find ways to work together for Jennah." He simply nodded his head, index finger pressed against his lips. "Is that all though? Because I can't help but notice two teenagers who's in love." That caused my head to immediately turn, feeling as my cheeks were turning a light shade of pink. Out of all the guys . . . Zabdiel had been the one I'd felt closest to and whom I could speak to about Joel and my debating feelings. Though breaking up had caused us both to separate our ways, which was understandable as he was Joel's best friend.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "And you're probably right. He's confessed he still loves me and I do the same . . . but the fear of messing up again . . ." Zabdiel turned a serious look at me, eyebrows pulled together. "But what is love if you're not taking chances? Sometimes, one doesn't have all the answers in the world and one can't predict the future either. If you truly love him, which I know you do, and him the same . . . then take that chance. If you don't, I'm sure you'll both regret it." He explained, pressing his lips together as I took in his words. Realizing the truth that laid underneath each word of his, caused me to look towards the booth where Joel was currently harmonizing. It brought a smile to my lips, because I knew deep down that Zabdiel was right.

WHAT WAS LOVE IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE CHANCES? AND PERHAPS IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO MAKE MINE. 

PUBLISHED: January 31st 2018

WORD COUNT: 1393 words