・゚✧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

HANAE POV

HANAE POV

"Joel . . ." You said through the phone, looking shocked as you nearly dropped the glass of water you were holding. Leaning against the counter and placing the glass down, you inhaled a deep breath and collected yourself to speak. "What do you want?" The question may have seemed hard, but what else could be expected? You hadn't heard anything from the boy for nearly 8 months and suddenly he decides to contact you?

"I . . ." He paused on the other line. "I just wanted to call you to see how you were doing." You rolled your eyes, shaking your head at the stupidity of this conversation. "I'm fine, am I supposed to feel any different?" You asked him, walking around the kitchen isle and taking a seat upon one of the bar stools. "I know you're mad at me for what happened . . ." He started, but you quickly interrupted him mid-sentence. "Mad at you? No, Joel. I'm not mad at you, I'm heartbroken. You can't call me and expect me to be happy for your call after no contact for eight months." Hearing him sigh on the other end, you leant your head against your hand.

"I know and I'm sorry, Hanae. But it was the best for us then, you surely have to understand that?" You simply kept shaking your head, though he could not see it. "Maybe, but that doesn't explain your choice of cutting all contact after everything we went through." Your voice lowered, almost whispering into the phone as you looked down at the marble surface of the table. "I couldn't keep in touch with you after that, bab ––– Hanae. I was hurt of my own choice and there were no chances of moving on if I'd decided to keep in touch with you."

You pressed your lips together. The sound of his voice brought chills through your body, the longing of it for the past few months resurfacing. There was nothing in the world you missed more than having him around you, knowing within yourself that he'd always be there. But you were soon knocked back to reality as you looked down at your body, closing your eyes for a second.

"Why did you call me?" You asked him, placing a hand on your stomach. "I want to see you. Maybe we could have a cup of coffee or just . . . have dinner or something." He sounded hopeful at the other end, the feelings of his voice suddenly seeming positive. "I don't think that's a good idea." You said, knowing that he'd start questioning your pregnancy if he ever saw you. "Why not?" He asked on the other end.

"Because . . ." You sighed, poking at the fabric of your jumpsuit. "I don't want to see you." You lied to yourself and to him, knowing perfectly that your growing baby bump was the main reason of not wanting to see him. "Oh . . . In that case uhm . . . bye." And the other end left the conversation. Face palming yourself, you let a tear escape from the corners of your eyes.

JOEL POV

I sighed as I ended the phone call, dropping my phone onto my lap. "She doesn't want to see you, huh?" Christopher asked from the front seat, earning a shaking head from me. But what put me off was the fact that she'd hesitated before giving me an answer, which she never did unless she was hiding something.