・゚✧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘴

6 WEEKS LATER

6 WEEKS LATER

Joel had truly been amazing the past couple of weeks, spending as much time around me as he could whenever he wasn't promoting the new album that was close to be released. The realization of not telling him about the pregnancy had come rock hard, making me feel like a horrible person for keeping something so important away from him.

I sat in the nurses office, waiting to be called for another sonogram check of the baby. Joel came walking through the door, a smile lighting up on his face as he came to sit beside me. "Haven't they called you yet?" He asked as he rubbed his hands together, leaning back on the chair. "Any minute now, I think. Doctor Thompson is always on time." I reassured him, holding a magazine in my hands.

"Hanae?" My name was called throughout the office, causing me to get up with the help of Joel. Shaking Dr. Thompson's hand. "Dr. Thompson . . . this is Joel Pimentel, father of the baby." I explained, introducing the boy by my side and seeing both men exchange handshakes. "Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Pimentel." Joel only nodded at him and walked behind us as Dr. Thompson led us into another room further down the corridor.

We entered the last room to the right and I immediately went to sit on my regular place upon the medical chair. Joel took a seat by my side as Dr. Thompson prepared everything. "This might be a bit cold, but you know that by now." He smiled at you, spreading some gel on your stomach. Joel looked nervous, rubbing his hands together and leaning upon his knees. How could I blame him? He was going to see his daughter for the very first time. Smiling at him, I turned to look at the screen of the examination machine.

THUMP . . . THUMP . . . THUMP

I turned to see Joel sitting there with tears in his eyes, pressing his lips together as if to hold them inside. "Are you okay?" I asked him, leaning my head to the side. "Yeah, I'm just emotional. She looks amazing, Hanae." He reached for my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. I couldn't help but imagine how things would've been different if I'd actually put aside my own feelings regarding Joel and told him from the beginning that I was expecting a child of his. But what's done is done . . . and there's nothing I can do to change that now.

"Everything is looking good, Miss. Hanae." The doctor said as he gave me some tissues to wipe away the gel from my baby bump. I nodded at him, getting up from the stool and scheduling a last check before due. Walking out of the nurses office, Joel seemed to be very silent and solemn. I nudged his side and raised my eyebrows. "What are you thinking about?" He simply shook his head, smiling his goofy smile. "Nothing . . . It was just surreal seeing the little one almost fully grown." He explained, looking down at the ground.

"Thank you for inviting me to this." Joel turned to look at me, suddenly speaking after five minutes of silence. I simply shook my head at him, shrugging my shoulders. "What for? You're the father and it's the least I can do after what I did . . ." Referring to the choice I'd made six months ago, Joel seemed to understand what I was hinting at. "Don't mention it. The important thing is that you came to your senses and we're at least trying this . . . co-parenting thing." He explained, giving me a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

JOEL POV

"How did the boys react when you told them?" Hanae suddenly asked, looking up from the ground as we walked towards the car Enrique had ordered for us. "Well . . . I got a long talk from Richard about how hard it is raising a kid while being away, but also the blessing it brings. Christopher was going on about how he was gonna be an uncle and well . . . the other two just kind of laughed."

It felt as it was only yesterday when I'd told the boys about Hanae's pregnancy, their reactions being something else. Meanwhile Richard had been the mature one and given me THE TALK, Zabdiel and Erick had gone off to laugh about the entire situation. It didn't bother me that much, knowing myself that I'd do my very best to support Hanae, even if I wasn't her boyfriend anymore.

Ouch, how it hurt thinking about it. Above anything in the world, I would've wished us to be together at a moment like this. Not just because she was carrying my child, but because she was the love of my life. From the touch of her hair to the dimples that forms on her cheeks when she smiles . . . wow, I feel completely helpless when she does that.

But knowing the history we both had together and what was about to change our lives, I hoped that it wouldn't be too long till we came to our senses and gave our relationship a second chance. A CHANCE IT SO DESERVED.

PUBLISHED: January 27th 2018

WORD COUNT: 885 words