Chapter 12

Mitch's POV

After school was out, Sara and I meet Jerome at my car. We dropped him off and we headed to Sara's house. Sara got on the phone with her foster parents to see if I could come inside.

Sara's POV

I called Lia and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She wasn't slurring, perfect.

"Hey Lia it's Sara I was wondering if a friend of mine could come inside when we get there?"

"Umm sure. But we might not be there when you get there. We are heading to our first AA meeting."

"Your finally going!? Yush! See you later! I might have something waiting for you guys and I have news to tell you when you get back love you mom!" I called her mom. I told them I would call them mom and dad when they got help...it felt good to call her that.

"Y-you finally called me mom. I love you sweetheart we will be home at 8:30." I heard happiness in her voice. I hung up and turned to Mitch.

"Looks like we will be making a cake when we get there and we will have the house to ourselves for a while." I smiled and put a piece of my black hair behind my ear. I saw him smirk and he looked at me for a second.

"Sara I was wondering if you..." My smile faded slowly as he trailed off. He took a deep breath and looked at me real quick.

"I-If I what?" I asked cautiously. We pulled into my drive way as I saw my foster parents car drive away. He didn't say anything as we got inside my house.

"Mitch what were you going to say?"

"I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" He said with a hopefull smile on his face. I stood there shocked and I saw his smile dissapear.

"I-I'm sorry. If you ju-"

"Yes yes yes I would love to!" I tackled him onto the couch and kissed him. He kissed back and after a few minutes we pulled apart and looked eachother in the eyes.

"I guess we should be makeing the cake then?" I blushed as I said this. Mitch nodded his head and we headed to the kitchen. I got the ingredients out that I could reach.

"Hey Mitch could you get two boxs of chocolate cake mix and the bag of flour please." I said getting the whisk and mixing bowl out.

"Sure but why two boxs?"

"They like it extra chocolaty." I then heard my phone go off in the living room."I'll be right back Mitch." I walked out of the kitchen and picked up my phone, I then heard Mitch scream and the clattering of pans.

What the hell happened?