Chapter 25

The Hibari Family
Chapter 25
____________________

Weeks passed since the puppet master, Keiko and Nickolas were laughing as they sat on the porch "hai, say ahhh~" she lifted up a fork with cake, and he ate it "taste good, did you make it ?" He asked "no, Oka-san did" she shook her head "maybe one day I might try your cooking" he smiled "I hope so, Otou-san doesn't let me enter the kitchen for some reason. Maybe because I accidentally burned it the other day" she held her chin to remember and he nervously sweated "what exactly were trying to cook ?" He raised a brow "heating a hamburger" she answered and he sweat dropped "but I'm still trying !" She raised her fists "can't wait" he smiled.

"Say Kei-chan, how about we go on a date next weekend ?" He said "where are we going ?" She asked "it's a surprise" he said "you know l love your surprises" she hugged his arm "not as much as I love you" he smiled "aww ! Your so cute !" She said "no, your so cute !" He laughed "no, you are" she said "your cuter" he held her chin "Nicko" she blushed and her heart beat raced. He leaned in, but she placed her fingers on his lips "we can't, Otou-san might get back home any second and see us" she giggled "just one" he said "well okay" she shrugged. They closed their eyes and slowly leaned in for a kiss "wah !!!" They pulled back when Kumori splashed them with the water hose out of nowhere "disgusting" Kumori's face darken.

"Kumori ! What are you doing !?" Keiko said "Oops, my bad" Kumori glared "I was trying to shower Aki" he said as Aki panted while sitting next to him "do I look like Aki to you !? And don't you dare answer that !!!" She said "come on, Kumori. I thought we had an agreement" Nickolas said "shut up !" Kumori aimed the hose at him, Nickolas screamed in fear "wha !!" Kumori fell on the ground as Kisume splashed him with another water hose "that's enough" he said.

"You two go change. Mori, give Nickolas some clothes to wear" he said "it's alright, I'll be going now" Nickolas said "right now ?" Keiko said "I'll see you tomorrow" he smiled "if you lived" Kumori mattered "I said enough" Kisume turned on the water hose "okay ! Okay ! I'm sorry !" Kumori said in a drowning voice. He sat up and wiped the water from his face, Aki licked his cheek "hm" Kumori petted Aki's head.

Kisume said that he will go drop Nickolas to his apartment where his parents stay when they come to Namimori. Kumori was drying his hair with a towel, it was already night. He was about to get something from the kitchen, when he heard yelling in the living room.

He peeked from the opened crack of the door to see his parents were arguing. He didn't know what they were arguing about. They were lucky that Keiko and Kazu were heavy sleepers, so they didn't hear all the yelling "your not allowed to talk to me like that !" Kyokai yelled "your not allowed to talk back to me like that !" Kyoya yelled back "I say what I God Damn want to say !" She glared.

Kumori's eyes widen when Kyokai raised her hand for a slap, but Kyoya grabbed her wrist "you wouldn't dare slap me, Kyokai" Kyoya said "I wasn't planning to just slap you, Kyoya" Kyokai said "l-let go !" She pulled back. She gave him his back and covered her face as she sobbed, he felt guilty and hesitated to hold her. Kumori gritted his teeth and forced himself to go to his room after that.

He laid down on his bed while clenching on his ears, trying hard not to hear his parents argument. After things calmed down, Kumori got up to check on them. When he opened the door of their room, he saw Kyoya sleeping in the bed. He frowned since Kyokai isn't there so he went to check if she was in Kazu's room. He saw her driving Kazu to sleep, who just woke up. Kazu yawned then rubbed his cheek against her shoulder, she stroked his head and hummed for him softly "hm ?" She looked at Kumori, he noticed her eyes a bit red "what's wrong, Mori ? Couldn't sleep ?" She forced a smile.

He only clenched on the door "what's wrong ?" She walked toward him "are you and Otou-san divorcing ?" He asked, her eyes widen "no, where did you get that idea from ?" She pushed his bangs aside "don't make up things, go to bed" she smiled and kissed his forehead "hm" he nodded and closed the door "now, you go to sleep" she placed Kazu on the bed then carefully laid down next to him. Kyoya slowly opened his eyes to glance at the baby monitor that was on. He went to Kazu's room and quietly opened the door, he saw her sleeping with Kazu in her arms protectively. Kyoya went to cover them with the sheets and planted a kiss on her head, he pulled her hair away from her puffy eyes then left to the his bedroom.