Chapter 23

The Hibari Family
Chapter 23
________________

Kumori was walking Aki somewhere in Namimori. It had been almost half a month since the incident between him and Ryu. He would always blush at the memory. He flinched when Aki barked "what ?" Kumori squatted to see the problem. Aki panted and rested his paws on his knees "don't worry about me, Baka Inu" Kumori patted Aki's head.

Ryu was just running as usual when she turned a corner and saw Kumori. She gasped and his, feeling the heat on her cheeks. She felt nervous when she saw Kumori smile at Aki. He got up and started walking. She took a deep breath and decide to talk to him, but stopped when she saw Kumiko running toward him "Oi ! Kumo-chan !!" She got on his back "what are you doing ?" She asked "what does it look like ?" Kumori said.

Kumiko laughed and hugged him tightly "let's go home together" she hopped off and grabbed his hand "sure" he said as she dragged him. Ryu watched them leave with sad eyes "Mori..." She mumbled "I never had the chance to tell you how I feel" she thought "it hurts, right ?" Nickolas popped out of nowhere. She suddenly punched his stomach, making him fall on his knees "don't sneak up on me like that !" She glared.

He laughed and looked at her "I was here the whole time, you were busy spying to notice" he said "I wasn't spying" she crossed her arms "you seemed to be mad. Are you jealous ?" He smirked "Offu !" He got punched in the stomach again "humph" she jogged away "cold girl.." He chuckled then groaned "with such strength"

The next day, Nickolas told Kumori to hang out. He was waiting at the gate, listening to the argument inside "I'm leaving !" Keiko opened the door "Nickolas-kun" she walked to Nickolas "Yo !" She smiled "what was that about ?" He asked "Kumori was telling me to not go shopping with the girls, thinking the guys will come" she explained "your not going out with other guys" he said "you too !?" She said.

"I'm serious, I don't know what I'll do when I get jealous" he gave her a concern look "I'm not going out with anybody, only you" she smiled. He blushed and looked away "take care then" he mumbled. She smiled and jogged off. Soon Kumori got out of the house "Mori" Kyokai called. She bent down to whisper in his ear.

Kumori nodded then walked to Nickolas "let's go" he walked ahead "hey, are you still mad about your sister ?" Nickolas asked as he followed "it's not the I'm mad at her going out with her friends, I'm just worried" Kumori explained "by the way, who was that girl with you yesterday ?" Nickolas said "my cousin" Nickolas paled and stopped walking.

Nickolas ran to catch up "what !? She was your cousin !?" He said panicking "yes, why are you all sweaty ?" Kumori narrowed his eyes "ahaha ! Ryu...sort of...saw you two" Nickolas nervously laughed while rubbing his neck "she what !?" He screamed in surprise when Kumori yelled "she must have misunderstood her as my girlfriend !" He faced palmed, Nickolas tilted his head "she's not my girlfriend !!" Kumori glared.

Kumori sighed heavily and clenched on his hair "I missed my chance to confess again" he said "didn't you confess when you bumped into her ?" Nickolas said, which reminded Kumori kissing Ryu "s-shut up ! You saw nothing !!" He blushed and walked ahead "of course I saw nothing, that's why I'm asking" Nickolas ran after him.

He panted and pulled Kumori's shoulder "dude ! You should just got to her and kiss her right away !" He said "I did. Apparently, it didn't work" Kumori glared "eh ?" Nickolas paled "you kissed her !!!?" He yelled "what are you disappointed about !!?" Kumori yelled.

Kumori suddenly pushed Nickolas and jumped out of the way, just in time as a bullet was about to shoot them "the hell was that for !?" Nickolas said "over there" Kumori pointed at the cloaked figure, who lowered the shotgun and ran away "follow him !" Nickolas said and they ran after him.