Chapter seven

Hehe hello again if u haven't caught on by now, I have really slow updates and I really wish I could write faster but I'm trying to make this story not shitty and I end up writing kind of long chapters so yeah..

And also all ur comments make me smile aw and sorry I'm evil for not telling u what happened with Michael and Calum but I gotta have some sort of mystery in this story, am I right?? ;D

Ok ok fine I'll tell u guys all in good time why they're so weird around each other... Maybe in this chapter, maybe not. You'll nevEEEeeEEErRR knowwWWW unless u read ahead, if u dare...

I'm in a weird mood bye

OH AND I ACTUALLY WANTED THIS STORY TO BE MORE CUTE AND FLUFFY BECAUSE ALL OF MY STORIES R DEPRESSING BUT IT ENDED UP BEING PRETTY MUCH THE MOST DEPRESSING ONE FUCK I TRIED OK
--------------------------------------------

"They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need

Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken

But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me."

~ Scene one - James Dean and Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping with Sirens (fuck I already did a different song from the same album as this one wow)

**********************************

Ashton's POV

I couldn't sleep. Luke knew. He knew everything, and I hated that. It made it harder to shut him out, push him away like I do to everyone else.

Luke was persistent, he asked too many questions, he's observant as fuck, and I'm-shit, I liked him. A lot. Even if he's annoying, I still have a strange soft spot for the taller boy.

I cringed and hid under the covers when I heard glass smashing from somewhere in the house. Why couldn't my uncle fucking break things when I'm not trying to sleep? I had made sure I locked my bedroom door because he's drunk again, just like last night. And the day before that.

It's sad, now that I think about it, that I can't remember the time when I had a normal family. Or, maybe I never had a normal family. It was probably all an act when I was younger, to keep me as naive is possible. But then I grew up, and everything came crashing down.

My cuts burned and itched, reminding me they were there. Fuck, I wanted to do it, just like I did every night. I guess I was more like my uncle then I'd care to admit. Both addicted to something that slowly kills.

But I just... Couldn't. The thought of Luke knowing I harm myself made me uncomfortable, and I felt like Luke would make a big deal out of it if he decided to check my wrists. If Luke saw new ones then he'd make it his job to keep checking, making sure I stopped. I didn't want that. I hated that.

Or maybe that's what I secretly do want. I want Luke to care, to genuinely want to help me, not out of pity. I hated pity, it makes me feel weak.

Fuck. My head was a war zone, every thought contradicting the other. I flipped over on my side and clawed at my face in frustration.

I just wanted to sleep.
----------------------------------------------

Luke's POV

Why couldn't I let myself close my eyes? There was something rattling around in my brain, causing me to toss and turn. I flopped on my back, sighing heavily.

It was Ashton.

How can I sleep when I'm practically fearing for his life? What if he's in pain at this moment, and I'm doing nothing but trying to sleep?