Chapter one

Hi! If u are reading one of my other fanfics, save me from the dark, and u commented that u liked the idea of this story, then hello this is chapter one and I hope it isn't disappointing lol but if u just so happened to run into this story then I'd like to say hi I'm Hannah and I'm addicted to lashton and bands xD that's all u really need to know about me for now sO LET'S GET STARTEDDD

EDIT: HEY GUYS! **IM GOING TO REWRITE THIS WHOLE STORY (and hopefully update) IT WHEN I HAVE A BREAK I'm rewriting this fic 2 years later because I want to make this story less shitty BUT DONT WORRY THE STORYLINE WONT CHANGE MUCH AT ALL I'm just rewriting it so it can have better descriptions and I won't lose the meaning of the story half way through it

---------------------------------------------

Luke's POV

After a long day of gigging in the crowded scene of downtown London, I noticed, startled, that it was just after dark and I was still sitting here. The chilly wind howled in my face and I shivered, although I had a coat on. I sighed at the terrible weather as I put my guitar back in its case and got up from the bench, which creaked a bit under my weight. Out of all of the benches in London, I ended up choosing the oldest and weakest one.

Today proved to not be my day once again as the clouds darkened over head, looking quite menacing.

Just two more blocks. I repeated in my head as I picked up the pace. The storm above me continued to brew and I swore I felt a drop of rain hit my eye. Shit, shit, shit.

I took a turn off of a familiar street and began to take the shorter way to my apartment building. This meant I had to cross the bridge, which I loved to do. I always thought the view was nice... From a distance, of course, but I would never get too close to the side rail just to see how far down the drop is.

The bridge is primarily used for cars to cross over, so I had to walk along the side. Although, I could probably get away with walking on any part of the bridge, since it seems as though I'm the only one out here. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be out right now. The wind has been picking up even more; whipping my face with a cold slap. The rain is beginning to fall in a slow patter on the pavement. Maybe if it wasn't so windy and cold I would find it rather soothing.

As I trudged along, hoping the wind wouldn't blow me away, I saw a dark figure in the distance. I squinted. What the fuck? I didn't know whether to feel comforted or scared by the fact I'm not the only one out here. As I got closer, I realized they were definitely on the wrong side of the rail.

I started to run. What if they fell? Or jumped? Why did I even care? Before I could think about the last question I reached the person, who's back was turned to me.

"Hey!" I yelled over the howling wind at the them, and they were gripping the rail like it was their life line. Well, it was. I seemed to have startled the guy, so they slipped a bit, which caused my heart to skip a beat. They quickly turned their head, and I could see the tears dripping down his cheeks. His brown curly hair was messy, and he only had a sweater and skinny jeans on. I stupidly wondered if he was cold in just those clothes.

"Leave me alone, no one cares about me! I don't even know you!" His voice cracked as more tears fell. My heart ached for the stranger. Whoever made this guy hate himself so much that he'd take his own life needs to seriously rethink their priorities.

"Please, just think about what you're about to do! Won't you regret it?" I found myself yelling even louder over the mixture of wind and rain, and I held on to my guitar and jacket even tighter to make sure they didn't end up blowing away. He looked at me weirdly.