Chapter eight

IM SOBBING I HATE FANFICS WHERE ONE OF THEM DIES LIKE WHAT THE FUCK STOP IT NO MY HEARTHURTS IM SO SAD NOW UGH I NEED TO READ HAPPIER FANFICS SMH AND HOLY FUCK THE SONG AMNESIA IS MAKING ME REALLY SAD I NEED A HUG oR CAN I WATCH ONE OF MY OTPS HUG THATS GOOD TOO YEAH

YAY IM FINALLY UPDATING THIS STORYY honestly I'm putting the most effort into this story out of all of my other ones idek why but i just want this not to suck
---------------------------------------

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things

Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all."

~ Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer

*************************************

Luke's POV

"I-I hurt him, Luke. I s-screwed up." Calum put his head in his hands, breathing hard.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come to work the next day with a state of mind that Calum wouldn't break down, like all the times before.

"How did you hurt Michael? It couldn't have been that bad, Cal." I instantly knew that was the wrong thing to say; Calum glared at me through tear filled eyes, failing at gulping down his emotions.

"B-but, you don't understand!" I nodded slowly,

"Yeah, you're right. I don't undertstand, but that's because you haven't told me anything besides that you hurt him." Calum sucked in a breath, chewing on his lip. Did I come off as an asshole?

"No, y-you're right, Luke. I'm sorry." I nodded encouragingly for him to go on, I was finally getting somewhere. Calum intook large breathes and chuckled nervously.

"You may want to sit down, it's um-it's a long story."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton's POV

I flipped the page of the fourth Harry Potter book, The Goblet of Fire. It was my fifth time rereading it, yet I never got bored of the plot. I sighed and snuggled deeper into one of the comfy chairs in the library, pushing my glasses up my nose when they began to slip down. I tried so hard to focus on the book, but the pain in my chest from my unfortunatly beating heart was distracting and reminded me of my failed attempt to sneak out of the house unnoticed by my uncle.

I may sound like an extreme nerd, but one of my many temporary escapes so happened to be reading.

They can take you to worlds you have never been before, a world better than your own, although it's just for a little while. Once I read the last sentence on the last page of any book, I slam it shut and feel my heart break more, because I wasn't ready to come back to my shitty world yet. I don't think I'll ever be ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke's POV

"We went to school together, from kindergarten to the end of high school, yet I started to get to know him in grade 9. He was-no, he is, an amazing person and I-I took advantage of his timid and kind personality." Calum ran a distressed hand through his hair, and I learned that it was best I stay quiet and let him continue when he felt like he could.

"I don't know if you'll believe me when I say this, but I was considered a popular kid, and I was-I still am an asshole. I was influenced by the wrong crowd, so hurting people was apparently amusing at the time. Michael so happened to be a perfect target, he was shy and a bit nerdy, and everyone teased him because he played Pokémon..." Calum quirked a smile, but quickly bit his lip to hide it.