Chapter twenty-one

^^^LaSHTON SHOULDER KISSES SOMEONE PLEASE HOLD ME FU ,Cj

I was getting so good at updating over thanksgiving break but now that school is back everything sucks now ughughugh

------------------------------------------

"I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing,

To be loved and to be in love

All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you,

I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18."

~ 18 by One Direction

(I'm 1d af ok)

**********************************

Ashton's POV

I haven't relapsed in three weeks. Turns out, therapy wasn't too bad (on occasion it made me upset) but, Luke kept reminding me that he's proud of me and that's what got me out of bed every morning.

My uncle (if I could even call him that) has probably still tried to reach me for god knows why, but I blocked his number and I kept my phone off most of the time anyway.

Everything seemed to be falling back to normal; however, I could now say that I'm slightly happier.

I looked forward to going to work at the library, especially since I got to spend time with Michael.

"Do you, uh, love Luke?" The aforementioned red-haired boy awkwardly asked, not even looking at me as he laid sprawled out on the floor (thankfully he didn't seem to be in the way of anyone). Luckily, I was on a short break, so what I was doing wasn't considered slacking off.

A blush coated my cheeks at the mention of Luke from my best friend.
I set down the book I was reading and leaned forward in the bean bag chair I was sitting in, resting my chin in my hands.

"What do you want me to say?" Usually when Michael asked a question, he always wanted to hear what he wants to be true instead of the actual truth.

Michael shrugged, rolling on his side so he could look at me. His expression was annoyingly unreadable, making it hard for me to determine anything.

"I do love him, Michael, and...if that's not what you wanted to hear, then I'm sorry." I chewed on my lip anxiously as Michael was quiet for a moment.

The pale boy then looked at me and smiled slightly, "That's good. I'm-I'm proud of you, Ash. And Luke seems like a nice guy," A large grin formed on my face,

"Yeah, he is." I sighed dreamily and put my hands on my cheeks dramatically, making Michael snort and shake his head.

"Whatever, lover-boy."

"Shut up," I mumbled under my breath in embarrassment. A sudden thought occurred to me, "How are you and Calum doing?" A smirk formed on my face as that question caught Michael off guard.

He huffed, rolling onto his back and crossing his arms. "What do you mean, 'how are we doing?' We're just friends!" Michael exclaimed incredulously.

"I just wanted to know how you guys were doing! I didn't ask anything about your love life, Mikey." I grinned suggestively at him before completely exploding in laughter. Michael stood up from the floor, lips curled into a menacing (well, as menacing as Michael could be) frown.

Brushing the dust and whatever else was on the floor from his black skinny jeans, "You're an idiot." Michael grumbled, leaving me all alone on my bean bag chair and a half-finished book by my side.

Maybe he's going to go see Calum now, I thought, smiling stupidly to myself. I wasn't exactly sure if they even liked each other like that anymore, but...we could go on double dates! That would be so-

Ugh. That was the gayest thing I've ever thought of, besides Luke's-

Fuck. I let out a breath, shaking my head rapidly (and probably looking insane to other people). Lets not go there.

---------

"You ship Michael and Calum too?" I gasped in excitement, making Luke chuckle and look down at me with amusement. We were finally home together, and we decided to watch Mean Girls (Luke insisted on it). I laid between his legs, my back resting against his chest and his arms around my middle.

"I guess, since Calum talks about him to me all the time," Luke rolled his eyes, as if he could hear Calum raving on and on about the red-haired boy in his head.

"That's adorable!" My voice came out an octave higher than intended, making a blush burn on my cheeks. "Dammit, this movie is making me sound like a girl," Luke's laugh rumbled and I felt it in my chest, making chills shoot up my spine. I always loved Luke's laugh, it was cute and better than mine, which was just annoying.

Luke began running his fingers through my hair, his other hand still holding on to my waist, "You seem happy today," he murmured, and I looked up at Luke and saw his eyes shining with a mixture of fondness and happiness and maybe even love, but I still couldn't understand why he even gave me a second glance.

"Today's a better day," I simply replied, letting my attention drift back to the movie. Luke hummed softly, pulling me closer to him and pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

I could get used to this.

The thought made me smile to myself, so I bit my lip to hide it.

But I shouldn't, because Luke will leave just like everyone else has.

My heart faltered a bit, but I pushed the bad thought away. I decided that today I was going to be happy, and nothing was going to change that.

-----------------------------------------
Yeah you're welcome for the happy chapter because I felt like you guys deserved it since the last chapter was depressing..

This is a lame filler chapter I'm sorrrryyyy :-((( its the weekend so I might have the time to update again soon, but idk ~Hannah