Chapter twenty-seven

^^^ cuties omg

Patrick Stump is sUCH A CUTE HUMAN BEING I WANT HIM

I actually have no idea what's going on in this story anymore but *Zayn voice* whateves

ALSO why doesn't anyone talk about the fact that during an interview the subject somehow shifted to Luke's lips and Ashton literally wouldn't shut up he was like "Luke's not really a lippy guy, he has thin lips" like oH WOW ASHTON you're really good at describing Luke's lips I bet you'd like to have his thin lips all over your body ehehehe *pervy smile* *cries*

And no I don't know the interview sowwy :c the moral of the story is Ashton is very observant of a particular blonde bandmate of his and this blonde bandmate also takes a liking in mentally undressing Ashton..yep

------------------------------------------

"Wake me up,
Say enough is enough

I'm dying to live,

Something's gotta give

Oh,
Pull me out

Of this sinking town.

I'm dying to live,
Something's gotta give."

~ Something's Gotta Give by All Time Low

(I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH WOWOW)

*********************************

Ashton's POV

"I don't trust him," Michael eyed me as I sorted a few books into alphabetical order on each shelf. Sometimes I wanted to ask if Michael had anything better to do than hang around me while I'm working, but I was pretty sure if he did then he wouldn't have been here.

Michael continued after I didn't say anything, "You deserve better." I furrowed my eyebrows a bit, not even giving him a glance. He and Luke had some weird rivalry that I didn't understand.

"Everyone makes mistakes, Michael. It's okay." I heard him huff in disbelief.

"Sure, but not that big of one! And he just--wait, you forgave him? Is that what you're telling me?" Michael was all over the place, talking fast like he always does when he's frustrated or angry.

"Um...yeah. What's so bad about that? I know Luke won't do anything like that again, he's not that kind of person." I shrugged, sending Michael a small smile as I slotted a book in between two other ones.

Michael sighed. "I don't know, but don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart." I tried so hard not to get mad at all of the things he was saying about Luke, because Luke was honestly sweet and had good intentions. I knew Michael got overprotective sometimes, but I knew he also simply didn't like Luke.

Not to mention that without Luke, I wouldn't even be here.

"Look, I really don't want to talk about this..." I trailed off, walking away to go get more returned books from the book slot and put them away. I could feel Michael following me.

"Yeah-" he coughed awkwardly. "Erm, sorry. It's just, you're my best friend, y'know? I don't want to see you getting hurt." Michael's words warmed a heart a little; it was nice to have a good friend like him. I turned with three books stacked on top of each other in my arms, a faint smile on my face.

"I know--I'm sorry for being a terrible friend, by the way--and I think I'll be okay." I grinned reassuringly, making Michael smile back a little and relax. I nodded and awkwardly added, "yeah."

We barely dodged a bullet, a hypothetical bullet that could've potentially damaged our friendship. A fight. Michael and I didn't have many of those, and when we did, it was over something stupid. But, our different opinions of Luke were a serious matter; I sometimes let my emotions cloud my judgement, and Michael got pissed off easily.

It was the perfect setup for a fight.

But we stamped on any sort of fire that could spark between us, at least for now.

-----

Luke's POV

Once Calum found out Ashton forgave me, he immediately was his old self again. He joked around, he wasn't hostile anymore, and overall enjoyed my presence.

"How're you and Michael doing?" I raised my eyebrows at my 'boss' (I really thought of him as a co-worker, even though he was the one who actually owned the music store), a small smirk playing on my lips. I didn't like Michael at all, but he and Calum wouldn't be that bad together.

Calum kept his cool, giving me a small shrug. "We decided it'd be easier to just be friends. It's less complicated." I deflated a little; his answer was definitely not what I was looking for.

"Oh, that's a shame. I thought you guys would be good together." I smiled sadly, making Calum's cheeks turn pink. "Oh well," I added for more of an affect.

"Yeah, but it's better than hating each other." Calum countered, catching on to my teasing. He and I had a teasing kind of friendship, always trying to embarrass the other or make them laugh. After a few moments of silence, Calum suddenly stuttered out, "Do you--do you really think we'd be good together?" He chewed on his lip, glancing over at me as I casually leaned against the counter.

"Oh, of course! Ashton does, too." Calum nodded stiffly, trying to hide a smile as he glanced down at the floor. With that kind of reaction, I'd be surprised if they didn't ever get together or at least tried again.

Although, I didn't want to force anything. It was weird to get into my friend's love life, anyway, as if I was doing it because I didn't have my own love life.

But, surprisingly, I did. And his name was Ashton Irwin.

-----

The best part of my day was coming home and spending time with Ashton until we went to bed. We usually just were lazy and watched movies or the regular TV channels together.

Now that I think about it, it sounded like we were an old married couple that have no more kids because they grew up and left the house, leaving us lonely. We had a routine everyday--not that it was bad or anything--but, I wanted to make sure things didn't get...boring. That could jeopardize everything, as cheesy as it sounds. If a relationship loses it's spark, it's not worth it anymore.

So, as we sat together on the couch and watched reruns of Spongebob Squarepants (Ashton insisted on it) I got his attention.

"Hey, Ash?" He lifted his head off of my chest to look at me,

"Mhm?" Ashton hummed as my thumb brushed against his arm. Before I could even think anything through, I blurted out,

"Do you wanna go on a date with me?" A blush coated his cheeks, a smile spreading on his face.

"You don't even have to ask." Ashton said quietly, and I knew it was the right thing to say. There was just one problem--I had no idea where to take him. A restaurant? The movie theater? A park?

Since I didn't say anything, Ashton decided to speak up again. "Um, when would we go on the date?" I simply smiled (even though I had no plan whatsoever) and kissed the top of his head.

"Now."

------------------------------------------

Date in the next chapter yEET

at this point I feel like all of these chapters are dumb fillers but idk if that's just me or

ANd it's getting more difficult for me to find time to update, but I really try :/ sorry for the long waits for updates! My parents are strict about phone usage and im at school for 8 hours 5 days a week and I'm lazy and tired so there (sorry about the crappy chapter I'm too lazy to read it over again) ~Hannah