Chapter nine

WOW I HATE THE NEW UPDATE I ACCIDENTKY UPLOADED THIS CHAPTER I THINK AND I WASNT EVEN DONE WRITING WHAT THE HECK??

THE NEW WATTPAD UPDATE IS FUCKINGG WEIRD IM SORRY I JUST WHAT THE HELL IDK IF I LIKE IT OR NOT IM JUST CONFUSED
OK I HOPE THIS DOESNT SUCK GOODBYE FRIENDS
---------------------------------------------

"I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?

I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said
I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead

This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end."

~ Alone Together by Fall Out Boy

*****************************

Luke's POV

I jerked awake from my dreamless sleep, and was about to rollover and try to get more comfortable until I noticed there was a weight on me and hair tickling my chin.

I smiled down at Ashton's sleeping form, the bit of soft sunlight filtering through the window shed light on his delicate cheekbones and I couldn't help but feel a strong need for Ashton to love me like I love him, it sounded desperate but I had already come to terms with how insane I felt around Ashton so I didn't dwell on it.

I found myself softly biting my lip as my eyes poured over every part of Ashton, and my heart sped up as I saw a patch of skin peeking out from where his sweater-well, my sweater-rode up a bit, exposing some of the soft skin of his stomach. It was such a beautiful sight, to see him so innocent and vulnerable and peaceful, the strong need I had for Ashton intensified.

My fingers brushed over the dark purple bruise on his face, and I knew that I'd have to find a way to get Ashton as far away from his abusive uncle as possible. Someone like that deserves to go to fucking jail, or hell. Either one, or both maybe, that'd be good.

Before I could start imagining satan murdering Ashton's uncle, the weight on my chest began to shift around.

"Umph." Ashton groaned as his eyes fluttered open, and I almost let my jaw drop, because fuck, his eyes were so gorgeous and I was so fucking screwed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I managed to say as Ashton rolled off of my chest and sat up, rubbing at his face, which was turning pink from blushing.

"I-um, I don't know." I playfully brought sleepy Ashton back into my chest, chuckling,

"Maybe you need some breakfast or something." I ruffled his hair a bit, but Ashton still didn't smile. I furrowed my eyebrows,

"Tell me what's wrong, there's obviously something bothering you." He sighed, looking down at his hands.

"I don't-everything is bothering me, I guess. I don't know. Forget about it." I frowned and Ashton leaned on my chest as I played with his hair.

"I won't just drop it if it's bothering you, Ashton." He shifted a bit so he could look up at me, and I noticed his eyes were shiny with...tears?

"The truth is, um... I-I'm scared to go back home. He's gonna hurt me again, Lukey, I don't know I guess I'm being a wimp bu-" I ignored my fluttering heart from the cute nickname he gave me and hushed his rambling.

"It's okay to be scared, I think anyone would be afraid if they were in your situation. You're so brave for living with that-that uncle of yours for so long. You're not a wimp at all, Ash." He buried his face in my chest, and I rubbed soothing circles on his back and continued, "And maybe you don't even have to go back there, you can stay here with me if you want too." I felt Ashton freeze in my arms as he raised his head to look up at me, eyes wide and innocent,