Chapter fourteen

YAY FINALLY AN UPDATE!! STUPID SCHOOL HAS PREVENTED ME FROM UPDATING ALL OF MY STORIES AND I DECIDED TO UPDATE THIS ONE FIRST WOOO

I feel like this chapter will turn out unexpected for some reason idk sometimes I plan what I want to write but then I quickly think of something else ??

ALSO ASHTON WEARING GLASSES AGAIN IS MAKING ME PEE IM SCREAMINWW FUCKING CUTIE YESSS IVE BEEN WAITING FOR HIM TO WEAR GLASSES AGAIN HALLELUJAH PRAISE JESUS AMEN

---------------------------------------------

"She said, "Boy can I tell you a terrible thing?

It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks.

Please, don't be sad now, I really believe,

You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

~ Terrible Things by Mayday Parade

(This song makes me actually cry, like full on sobbing and I just omg u guys are probably worried now because I picked this song ooo don't be scared this chapter isn't too bad I just wanted to use the song)

***********************************

Ashton's POV

"Where the fuck have you been?"

Maybe I should've listened to Luke and just borrowed his clothes for the night. But I felt so damn guilty I had to go back home to find something.

Home. This wasn't my home anymore. Luke was my home. Not...this.

My drunken uncle was standing right in front of me, cornering me so my back was to my bedroom door. His breath almost made me gag and he definitely hasn't shaved since I last saw him.

"I-I was at a u-um...friend's house." The word 'friend' tasted bitter as it rolled off my tongue, because Luke was so much more to me than that.

"Since when did you have friends? Or was it your boyfriend? Fucking f-" The rest of his words were so drunkenly slurred that I couldn't understand him, but I understood what point he was trying to make. I backed away even more as he inched closer to me, and oh god this was probably going to end up like the times before I met Luke.

But something hot coursed through my veins, this disgusting human being in front of me just made me feel so damn angry and sad and worthless all at the same time and I was so sick of it. How dare he even try to talk about me and Luke like that? Tears were welling up in my eyes but my anger was stronger for once, all I could see was red and nothing was processing in my brain correctly and I couldn't breathe I was suffocating I was-

I punched him.

My knuckles hurt like hell as they made contact with my uncle's face but nothing mattered anymore, the adrenaline pulled me in so far deep that I had forgotten the fact that I've never fought back before.

I was fighting back.

My uncle stumbled backward, clearly shocked as his hand cradled were I punched his face.

He looked pissed.

And my heart began to beat so loudly that it was the only thing I could hear as my uncle came back towards me, shaking in fury as his fist raised. This hasn't happened before, I've never hurt him and I had no idea what I was doing.

He was towering over me and he was about to hit me, I could practically feel his fist already connecting with my face.

Just like old times.