I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (19)

I was all up for writing a longer chapter, but I have to clean. Ugh.

Vote and Comment!

Let's try at least 50 votes and 30 comments? Yeah, let's go with that! :)

Chapter 19

Day 4 - Night

I needed to hunt. Like right now. The kiss with John had left me hungry. At first I didn't know if I needed more of him, or blood. I settled on the blood. My throat was burning and I had grown circles under my eyes. I looked up at Amarande.

"Are you by any chance hungry? I'm going to feed soon." I said. He thought about it for a moment before nodding his head.

"I guess I should eat before this killer comes." he said, then thought about something. John sat next to him as Amarande inclined his head towards him. We had told him John's plan a half an hour ago, and he was good with it.

"If you are changing into this Philip, why don't you practice being a vampire with us? You are a shape-shifter, but when your body turns into Philip's form, the vampire part comes with it." he said, a hint of humor in his voice.

John looked at him for a minute, his face going slightly paler. He probably hadn't thought about that part.

"Yeah, John. Feed with us," I echoed. "It will give you a chance to see into our world. Plus, you want to be rested up." I winked at him.

His hands scratched his brown head as he closed his eyes, probably trying to imagine drinking blood. His face become even paler. I sighed.

"Come on, it's not that bad. You'll enjoy it. Trust me." I smirked. Amarande nodded his head in agreement before slapping John on the back.

"Let's get going. Time for you to become a real ma-...vampire." he chuckled before getting up off of the stool and opening the sliding glass doors in the kitchen. I shook my head, a smile playing on my lips.

"You heard him, let's go." I said and slipped out into the humid night air. It smelled like rain was coming. The moon was only a sliver in the sky, while the stars were everywhere because of living in the country. You could never see them in the city.

John slowly followed behind us. I stopped and turned around.

"Time for you to change forms." I said to him. Amarande stopped a few feet in front of me and crossed his arms against his wide chest. John shrugged and stood still for a few moments, closing his eyes. I watched in fascination as he become paler, his hair became curlier, his features became a little less sharp, but they had sharpened with the vampire gene.

Philip stood in front of me.

My breathing had stopped for a moment as I assessed how he looked. I hadn't seen him for hundreds of years. The same brown eyes from then were the same now, but they would turn black when he got hungry. Or had a strong emotion.

It was a few moments before I remembered to breath and Phili- John started taking slow steps toward me.

"It will help if you don't look at me." he said, but it came out like Philip's higher voice. It was too surreal to be standing to a look-a-like Philip. Even though I knew the real one was out there somewhere. Chills were running across my skin.

I turned my head away, unable to look any longer.

He should be DEAD.

"Let's hunt." Amarande said. I heard John sniffing and looking around, probably amazed at how good our sight and smell were.

I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't bring myself to.

I started to run, John easily catching up to us. We ran into the trees to cross into the other side of town. I didn't usually hunt this way, but it was refreshing for something new. I looked at John to see what he thought about all of this. His eyebrows were down in a grimace.

"What's wrong?" I asked. His brown gaze shifted to me, instantly letting my mind remember that this is all real. Philip really is coming after me.

"My throat is burning like a fire is inside of it," He clutched it with his hands. "God! I just want to rip it out!" he half-yelled. I smirked.

"Welcome to my life. You're thirsty. Get some blood." I said to him as he rolled his eyes and continued to run with us, dodging trees and bushed along the way.

Even though it was dark outside, my vision made everything seem like it was a dark blue, kind of like running through a dream, only more realistic.

We reached the other side of town a few minutes later, brushing off any leaves that would make it look like we had been running through the forest. Three abnormally beautiful people would make enough of a head turner.

An old west looking saloon was on the other side of the street, looking like it belonged somewhere on a deserted desert road. Amarande and I looked at each other, having the same idea.

John sniffed, still clutching his throat. His eyes had become a black already.

"Is that what I think it is?" he asked, I smiled again and nodded. He started to walk towards the bar that would have a lot of drunk men and skimpy waitresses. We followed him, just not as fast as he was walking.

We entered the smoky room and I headed for the bar, already spotting a lonely looking man with a series of empty bottles in front of him. John would know what to do, I wasn't worried about him. If there was screaming, it would be over within seconds.

Amarande was already flirting with a waitress, who was checking her watch to check what time she was getting off. I laughed lowly and shook my head. His ninety something wife at home wouldn't ever know what went on.

I took a seat next to the guy and smiled, his attention coming to me. His dull lifeless brown eyes looked me up and down before smiling with yellow teeth. Gross! My mind shouted, but I smiled anyway.

I wasn't going to kiss him, I was going to kill him.

"How you doing tonight?" I asked just to make some small talk. His bushy eyebrows went up at my question.

"Good now that a pretty thang like a you is here." he said, a southern accent went through my ears. This almost wasn't southern, maybe he grew up under sticks or something.

I motioned to the bartender for a beer.

"Good to hear," I said. "Why don't we go somewhere a little private."

His jaw dropped and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He probably came here every night hoping to get lucky or pick up a girl.

Well, tonight's his most unlucky night.

I grabbed his jacket from the back and rushed him out the back door, not waiting for the beer that I had ordered. I heard sounds to my right, making me turn my head.

John was there with a girl lying limp in his hands, looking at her like he couldn't believe what he had just done. I narrowed my eyes for a second, pitying him before looking back at the guy I had just dragged out here.

He too had spotted the girl and John with blood all over his mouth. Black eyes looked up at us and then back down at the body, then back up at us.

"I'm a monster." John whispered. I shook my head.

"Philip's a monster." I replied before taking the drunken guy in front me and putting his neck to the side. His oily hair was in the way, making my hands go up and brush it off of his delicious but dirty looking neck. He smelled of a mix between smoke and alcohol.

"I'm sorry." I whispered before he screamed for half a second.