I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (7)

7! And I'm #96 on the What's Hot list! Thank you!!!! haha

Can we get it to the top 50?? :)

Hope you like this chapter :D

VOTE AND COMMENT. I really like to hear what you all think of this story. :P

Chapter 7

The call came the next night. Braedon told me to be in a small town twenty miles way by midnight.

I had to hunt first, I wanted to be my strongest the first day on the job. I stopped about ten miles away from the place I was supposed to be and picked an easy target.

A drunk man stumbling home from the bar.

I approached from behind him, the smell of liquor was strong all over his clothes. Alcoholics weren't the best meal, but it would have to do. I didn't feel like seeing somebody die tonight.

It was probably the first time in a while that I actually cared about innocent people. I shook my head to clear the thought. I wasn't like this.

And somehow I knew Braedon was the reason this was happening.

But the problem was, it was because of the possibility he was human.

A very small possibility.

I turned my attention back to the man in front of me. I hadn't realized he had turned around. His brown coat held bottles of alcohol in the pockets. A sloppy grin was on his face.

"Well you're a pretty young thing. What are ya doin' out here at this time?" he asked and took a stumbling step forward and reached out for me. I knew what he wanted.

"I'm hungry." I drawled out, taking a step forward towards him. The full out grin became bigger at my answer and he attempted to take another step closer. I put my hands into his jacket pockets and through all of the bottles out.

He barely noticed, he was staring at my black eyes that had dilated from the scent of blood and the burn in my throat.

"Babe, I'm hungry too." he said and then suddenly he collapsed on me.

He had had way to much to drink tonight. Unlucky for him. My animalistic side took over as I dragged him to the alleyway with no streetlight under it. Nobody could see me.

I tore his neck to the side and felt my teeth become longer and pointed. I located the vein in his neck, and within seconds my teeth had broke the skin.

The first swallow of blood soothed the burn in my throat immediately. A warmth settled over me and my senses sharpened once again. I felt new.

A couple of minutes later I let him sink to the floor. I looked at him. From his stubble growing from his chin, the brown hair, the light jeans that had been worn probably for years.

He lived alone, he drank his sorrows away with alcohol.

I studied him for a few moments, my eyes were still dilated and I calmed myself down enough to make the black go away. I focused on breathing, listening to the city around me. This was a small town and mostly everybody was in bed.

I looked at the clock. I had ten minutes before I had to be in Windrixville, the town where they had found another body.

I hurried and dialed the number to for the cleaning service, telling them the location and what the look for.

I was in the car and on my way to my job within seconds.

--

Ten minutes later I arrived in the mighty town of Windrixville, the town with the best animal farms in the country.

How cheesy.

I drove around until I found men dressed in black surrounding a figure that looked to be a dead body. I parked and got out of the car.

I saw Braedon crouched down to the body, a gloved hand checking for bruises and scratches. I sighed and made my way towards where the other men were standing. I squeezed through and people scooted away at my approach.

Well, I guess they knew who I was.

Braedon looked up at my arrival, his blue eyes searching my choice of outfit. I saw a slight grin cross his face but then he went back to the stone look that made him look guarded.

I had chosen to wear tight black pants and a long sleeved shirt with a yellow belt that held the words 'crime scene: do not cross'... pretty clever if I do say so myself.

I looked down at the body. It was a girl probably the same age as me. Well, looks wise.

She was pale, there were blue circles under her eyes, her blond hair had mud painted all over it from probably being dragged around. She had through a lot.

I couldn't smell any blood in her.

I looked up at Braedon.

"A vampire did this." I stated. His blue eyes looked up at mine in shock.

"How do you know that?" he asked curiously.

"She's been drained of blood. Try to cut her wrist. Nothing will come out." I replied and looked further at her wounds. There were bruises along both wrists. I touched her neck and tilted it to the side.

"There's fang marks that didn't have time to heal. My guess is the killer drained her and left her here. See those bruises on her wrists? She struggled, she tried to get away. It looks like rope burn." I said while I looked at her closer.

She was pretty, or well, she used to be pretty.

I took my fingers and opened her eyelids. Her eyes were black.

A newborn vampire.

"She's turning. She's not dead." I said surprised. Braedon's head jerked up immediately and looked at her. The eyes were dilated, she was turning fast.

Her creator had left her here to turn by herself.

By the looks of the color of her skin, she had been out here around eight hours. How could somebody of not noticed her? I became suspicious immediately.

"When was this girl found?" I asked Braedon. He looked up at me with a slight amount of concern in his eyes.

"Five hours ago. I knew you couldn't come out in the sunlight, so I called you when I knew you could come out." he said, but that didn't help.

That was three hours before she had been changed.

"She was drained approximately eight hours ago. Do the math. That's three hours before she was found here."

That means she must have some kind of memory of her killer. Where they had been when she was changed. They couldn't have done it on the street here. They had to have been somewhere else.

I reached to examine her neck more and so did Braedon. Our hands touched and a slight tingle erupted on my fingers, but I ignored it. I couldn't go all gooey here on the crime scene.

We made eye contact for the briefest of moments, but I broke it before the other people could know that I admired him.

I admired him for his brave attitude. That was all.

I swear.