I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (16)

This one's really short, I was going to try and write for a while, but something came up.

I promise I will write a longer chapter next time. PROMISE.

VOTE AND COMMENT. :D

Chapter 16

Day 3

"So you're a shape-shifter, but your brother wasn't." I said to John, sitting on the couch next to him ready to fight if necessary. I still didn't believe that all of this was happening, I felt so betrayed. By everyone.

I still didn't know if I should call Braedon John or John Braedon, I was confusing myself with all of this, but I still had to be on guard. He could be one of them.

"Yes. Our mother was a shifter. When she had twins, Philip and I, the trait only got passed down to me. Philip never knew about any of this. I knew what you were when you walked through that cabin door, I just couldn't bring myself to tell Philip all of this." he said seriously, and I momentarily wanted to scream. How could I have been so stupid?

I had been asking myself that a lot lately. I turned to John and looked at him closer. He had returned to his regular form. Dark brown hair, strong jaw line, everything from back then. The eyes stayed the same with either form he was in. He looked delicious either way. Another question came to mind.

"How did you survive back then?" I asked and almost regretted it. Shifters don't die as easily as humans do. It would take more than just a cracked neck, it would heal almost instantly.

I always wondered why he was never afraid to die.

He turned to me, his blue eyes watching me for a few seconds. It felt like I was in a dream right now, having a love interest from so long ago that should be dead sitting right here next to me. If I had a beating heart, it would be out of my chest by now. I almost wished I still had one.

But there would always be that side of me that liked to kill and destroy.

"I think you would rather want the answer to another question." he said. I looked at his blue eyes and scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I thought about who was doing this, and immediately it came to me. If John was alive, would Philip be too?

Sure, he wasn't a shape-shifter. But isn't it possible for them to be turned before blood stops completely flowing through the body?

"Is this all Philip?" I asked, my cheeks flushing with unspoken rage that was almost ready to be unleashed. Part of it was at me for not registering this quicker, the other part was at John for not telling me all of this sooner. If he was on my side, why did he not tell me earlier?

The look in Johns eyes said most of it. He leaned down into his hands, probably thinking of everything that had happened the past few days. I didn't blame him, I could probably go up and sit in bed for hours and think of everything. Including the kiss with him a couple of hours ago.

Since I had found the note, we discussed mostly everything. From shifter traits to what he's done over the years. And I was surprised more than anything to hear that he had been keeping an eye on me over the past hundreds of years.

I hadn't noticed that he had shifted his gaze to me. I felt a little hot in the cheeks a little bit, and I hadn't felt like that for a long time. My hands got clammy, a muscle in my chest kind of pulled a little bit. My stomach kind of felt like it just dropped, like in a good way. Was this what they mean about butterflies? I almost wanted to throw up at the term, but I let it go.

"It must be Philip, who else would send us both notes?" he said. I nodded. Another question came to mind.

"If he wasn't a shifter, how would he have survived?" I asked and John tensed up a bit.

He didn't answer for a few moments, gathering what he should say. His eyes went towards the ground, and I looked at him, unable to take my eyes off of something so gorgeous. He looked like he belonged in a magazine. A very expensive magazine. John finally looked back up at me a couple of seconds later, the same blue from hundreds of years ago that I loved but killed. For a second, the thought ran through my mind and I was scared that maybe I would do it again.

I didn't want to.

"I...I couldn't..." he struggled to find the words. I had to tilt my head to gather what he was saying, and to see his facial expression. I almost put my hand on his back to comfort him, but what if he too was an enemy? What if all of this was an act?

"It's okay, tell me." I said to him in a soothing voice. He looked up to me in a reserved manner. He wanted to tell me, but was afraid of what I might do. Was it really that bad? He took a deep breath and relaxed his shoulders, turning a little towards me.

"I couldn't...let my brother die. You must understand..." I lost him right there. It felt like my whole world had become ice, frozen. Somebody had hit the stop button the DVD, stopping the moment right there. The butterfly feeling in my stomach was replaced with fear. And I almost felt my heart beat. Just once. From the impact his sentence had had on me. I tried to tune in to what he was still saying.

"...he was just lying there, his head twisted next to me. I needed to help him. I still didn't know how to change somebody, so I brought him to the nearest vampire. Their venom works faster than what we have to do." he finished. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He had kept him alive, and now Philip is back out to get me. This was all partly his fault. But that was then, this is now.

"You brought him to another vampire?" I whispered, my hands starting to shake. This all made so much more sense now. Like how Anna was turned and everything else. John had closed his eyes, shaking his head as if he regretted doing what he did.

"I wasn't thinking right back then. I was young. Sure, I knew that he was sometimes pathetic and wanting attention, but he was my brother. I'm sure you would have done the same." he continued.

My mind was a mess. Everything all made sense.

Philip was coming for revenge on me and John. For me cheating on him.

And now Philip was a vampire. Just like me. Except he had a whole army backing him up. I didn't know what was worse, the army, or Philip himself.

My world crashed tonight. And I only have three days until he comes for me.

I think my heart has started beating, with all of these emotions, there was no way I could be dead anymore. My world of ice is melting, ready for the fire to take over. I haven't felt this way for a long time.

And I'm afraid it's because of the same person.

--

Again, sorry it's short! I will write a long one next time!!!