I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (5)

Chapter 5

Amarande appeared the next night. He looked the exact same way I had left him. Brown hair, black eyes, strong jaw line. Basically model material. Like all vampires.

But Amarande was much stronger than all other vampires. Being the first one and all.

We sat at my kitchen table, his dark eyes roaming around my place, checking to see if anything was a threat. I didn't take it personal, someone with his power had to be on the look out everywhere. I could tell there were guards outside of my house too.

He looked at me and smiled a genuine smile.

"How are you, Rosemary?" he asked kindly. I shrugged.

"Same as I was six hundred years ago." I answered. He was leaning back into the kitchen chair, his arms crossed. His leather jacket was scrunched up from his muscles that were visible. A glint on his ring finger caught my eye. I looked up in confusion.

"Have you found a lover, Amarande?" I asked with laughter in my voice. When I had left him he had just lost his seventh wife.

I wonder what number he was on now.

"Yes, her name is Maria. Very intriguing being." he replied with a smile that showed the tips of his fangs.

I laughed.

"What number is this one?" I asked with humor. He thought about it for a second.

"Ninety-six." he answered with a chuckle. Amarande leaned forward onto the table. His features were relaxed and I noticed that he looked kind of tired.

"Have you not fed in a while?" I asked curiously. The light mood in the room seemed to disappear. Everything returned serious.

"No, I have been busy investigating a string of murders lately. They have all been in a fifty mile radius of this place. Are you sure you know nothing of this?" his eyes flashed to meet mine. I sighed.

"The last time I fed was three days ago. I called clean-up to get the job done. And before that I hadn't fed in a couple of weeks, so it couldn't have been me." I answered truthfully.

Amarande studied me for a few more moments before he nodded and relaxed a little bit.

"I figures as much, you're too smart for something like that. Would you know of anybody suspicious that has caught your eye?" he asked.

My mind went to Braedon. I didn't know what he was. Could it have been him? He sure had the mysterious aura that could be related to the deaths. I thought about it for a second, but I didn't want to give his name out.

I tried to think of any other people that had seemed a little suspicious but couldn't think of any.

"No," I answered. "But if I find someone, I'll contact you right away."

Amarande nodded, then looked behind me. I couldn't hold my curiosity and looked behind myself.

A guard was standing by the window, motioning to Amarande that he needed to talk to him. I saw him nod at the corner of my eye, and stand up.

"Well, I'm sorry to cut this short, but I fear that I have some news waiting to be delivered to me."

I nodded and stood up too.

"Until next time." he said and took my hand to kiss it. I smiled.

"Take care of yourself, and your wife. I don't want to hear that you have your ninety-seventh within a couple years." I said.

He laughed and started towards the door.

Within a couple of seconds, he had the door open and guards waiting on the doorstep. They were buff and wearing all black. If I were human I would have been intimidated.