I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (18)

Okay, so I finally wrote it. :)

I'm trying to find a new title for this story, any suggestions?

And PLEASE don't tell me that it's short and I should make it longer.

I know that it is and I DO have a life, you know.

Comment and Vote!

I want A LOT of comments and votes before I post the next chapter. So get busy. lol

Chapter 18

Day 4 - Later that Day

I woke up to the sound of John talking on the phone with somebody, his hushed voice trying to stay quiet for me. It didn't work, I could hear everything within a mile's radius.

"Yes, she's here with me." he said, his head down in concentration. My ears listened in more closely. The call he was taking sounded suspicious.

"No, I've told you. Two days. Yeah." he continued. It was two days until Philip came. Why was John talking like this? Could he be in on it too?

"I want you here in two days." he said, pulling the phone away from his ear, pushing the End button and sighing. His back was towards me, but I saw him rub his eyes. I didn't know if he was tired or stressed. Probably both. He had changed his clothes while I was out. He wore a leather jacket that fitted him a little too well, showing the muscles underneath. The dark jeans didn't help with that. It made me want to jump and tackle him.

"Important call?" I asked, making him jump and look at me wearily.

"Did you hear all of that?" he asked, taking a few steps toward me. His blue eyes showed that he didn't want me to hear it. What could he have been hiding?

"Why? Something you're hiding from me?" I asked, standing up from the couch. I looked down at it and my perfect eyebrows scrunched in confusion. The only way I could have been there is if John had carried me. I had fainted in the kitchen. I automatically felt my neck and cheeks warm with a slight fire.

"No, just talking with a friend of mine. I've got a plan." he said, coming to sit down next to me, but I was still standing. I sat down to save myself from embarrassment. The couch made us sink together, making my cheeks turn a pink color. My arm touched his leather jacket, the cool material making my arm feel like it was being electrocuted. God, if only we had had this style back then, not the loose fitting stuff.

Ugh, what was happening to me? I used to just kill whoever, now I'm careful about who I pick. This old age was getting to me.

But another question rang through my mind, how did I not feel this way long ago? The bloodlust of a new vampire must have been all that was on my mind. Now with all of the time that had passed by, I was starting to actually gain some wisdom. Even if it was very little.

"What plan?" I asked, remembering that he had said something about a plan. If he did have one, I was going to be really mad at myself. How could the person that Philip was after have not a slightest idea of what she was going to do?

"You know I'm a shape-shifter. I could easily slip into my brother's form and pretend to be him to find out what's all going down." he said, I nodded my head to show that I understood what he was getting at.

"Anna. She was turned into a vampire by him. She must have some connection," he said, thinking of everything that could work.

"If we got her to come over, and I pretended to be Philip then we could easily talk her into giving something away. That is, if she betrayed us and knows everything that he's going to do." he said. His eyes were looking at me to see my reaction.