I'm a Vampire...(28) (Last Chapter)

Chapter 28

Philip stood a few feet from me, a look of seriousness on his face. To see that was rare, usually only a smirk was placed on his lips. It almost reminded me of the Philip long ago, when he was always serious. He had not known of his power back then. I shifted my weight onto my right foot, ready to spring if I needed to. I casually glanced behind Philip, seeing John lying hopeless on the grass. Philip saw my gaze and then a small smile came upon his face. He placed his hands behind his back.

"He'll be dead soon anyway. You want this, Rose. You WANT to kill him." Philip said, his voice ringing clear through the field. The trees moved, almost as if they wanted to obey him and his powerful persuasion tactics. I closed my eyes, wanting block him out. An image of John with blood pouring out of him came to my mind, and I knew that it was Philip putting the picture into my brain. His power was limitless.

It was then that a new thought came to my mind. One that could possibly save both John and I.

"Rose, this offer cannot stand all night." Philip said, his eyes watched me, searching me for any hint that I might attack him. Amarande stood still at my side, letting Philip do all of the talking. He didn't seem so powerful against Philip. Was this how I would be? Just a little role in Philip's sick plan?

"I know it doesn't. How am I supposed to kill him? With my bare hands?" I asked Philip, searching for something to distract them. I couldn't just kill John. I thought about the things I could do before reaching down to the sides of my dress and unzipping it. Philip effortlessly came to my side and stilled my hand. His cold hand made shivers flow throughout my arm. They weren't good shivers.

"What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously. His face was inches of mine and I could see the browns of his eyes right in front me, the color that had haunted me for a long time. His hard grip on my hand made my teeth clench together so hard that I could faintly hear the grinding.

"Getting a blade to kill with." I said, my words not a lie. I looked closely into Philip's eyes, and soon I felt my body shake with anger. It consumed my whole body, and my eyes turned black. A wind blew across my face, almost a feeling that made me angrier. The wind was too nice. Right now we needed a tornado to match my mood.

I felt Philip's hand release mine. I looked down to finish what I was doing. I picked the sharpest blade. It would be needed. Once I had the knife in my hand pointed downwards, I looked up to meet the eyes I hated so much. A look of satisfaction showed. I looked at Philip, really looked at him. From his brown curly hair to his boots he had on. A sort of angelic glow was around him, but I knew it wasn't one of an angel. It was one of a demon.

"You are ready." I heard Philip say. I simply nodded to his question. I knew what I had to do. "Go on, then. You will become one of us, you will have all of the power you could ask for." His voice became one of something like a proud father. I turned my back to him, looking at John who was lying on the ground about ten feet in front of me. I made sure I had no expression on my face.

John watched me as I approached, keeping his eyes on mine and not on the blade that I held in my hand. A hardened look was on his face. He was not afraid to die. His hands were tied to his back, and as I got closer, it seemed as if John was scrutinizing me for what I was supposed to do. His look was saying "You're better than this."

Indeed, I am.

I came to a stop at his ankles. The cut above his head was still red from the blood. I allowed myself to breathe him in this time. And as I did, I felt my fangs become longer than my usual teeth. I was a hunter, and he was my prey. I then took my blade, adjusted it in my hand, and reached behind him to cut the ropes bounding his hands behind his back. They became free.

All this time, I kept my eyes on his. He did the same. John didn't try to fight me as soon as his hands were free, and he was smart to do so, because I will be the death of him. I took the cut rope and tossed it some twenty yards away. I heard a clearing of the throat behind me and on instinct I turned and hissed at Philip to shut up. I WILL do this my way.

"I will do this my way. Give me a few minutes." I said harshly to Philip, and then turned back around to see John with an angry face. I didn't need to keep looking at Philip to know a sigh had escaped his mouth. I looked back up again to see the blue eyes staring me down so intensely that I rocked a little bit on my heels. I knew that Philip was planting the suggestion to kill him in my head. I would never have thought about John like this. I would be better than Philip, and that is why I am going to do something other than what I was thinking of.

"I'm sorry." I told John before I slit open my wrist and shoved one to his lips. Blood instantly began filling up his mouth and a horrified expression crossed his face. I pushed my wrist harder up against him and that was when he began to swallow. So much blood was filling into him that he had no other choice than to drink it. I smiled in satisfaction, but I was weakening by the second.

It was then that Philip and Amarande noticed what I was doing three seconds later, and quickly made it over to me, trying to tear me off. I took my free wrist and shoved the knife into Philip's foot, causing him to stagger back for a few seconds. Long enough for John to get a few more gulps in. Amarande attempted to pull me off of John, but I could tell he hadn't fed well last night. He was as weak as me.

I began to feel dizzy, my world started to spin as I struggled to stick to reality. I couldn't look up, or I would faint. I could only keep my head down and close my eyes. The only way to tell if someone was coming at me was by listening to their movements. And ever so slowly, I listened as the air moved with the movement of Philip coming at me from behind. I felt as the last drop of blood came from the cut so deep in my wrist. I felt as I dropped onto my back, with no blood left in me.

And I felt as a knife was shoved deep into my chest.

My eyes opened wide at the pain that seared through me, from my chest to the other parts of my body. I knew I was dying. I had to be. I took a painful breathe, shaking with the effort to let out the air that was suffocating me. My veins were dry, my heart didn't beat. I had no way of living with a blade shoved inside of me.

My eyes registered Philip standing over me, rage clear on his face. He wasn't planning on this happening. He had believed that I would kill John. Sick little bastard.

I found a smile even through the shocking amount of pain inside of me. I smiled because of my long existence. I had lived longer than other people. I should have died by now, it was a privilege to live this long. Death was ready for me, the second time around.

I smiled at what I was about to say. John was going to become like me. He had all of my blood in his system.

"I killed him. I listened to you. Why did you kill me?" I said to Philip standing above me. I continued, coughing. My breathing hitched then, and I felt my eyes close slowly. I said one last thing, even though it was only a whisper.

"Vampires are considered dead."

My last breath of air released from me.

--

I hope you liked it. I couldnt really get into it and connect like my other chapters. I might rewrite it if I have time. Idk. VOTE AND COMMENT!

Do you guys want a sequel? Oh, and there is still an epilogue!!

Comment telling me what you think please! :)