I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (22)

I made this longer than usual, with more paragraphs and not just one line sentences.

And I'm officially 8,000 words away from this being a novel! Yay! I want to make this one, so I will be making longer chapters like this.

Hope you like this chapter!

VOTE AND COMMENT! :D

Chapter 22

Day 5 - Continued.

"There are three emotions in the heart. Hate, fear, and love. With one, must come the rest."

--

I blinked. The world seemed to slow down a bit right then, and I could almost count the milliseconds it took for my eyelid to close and open again. The sudden feeling of power was overwhelming, but as I kneeled down to look in the window, it vanished.

No sign of it. Gone.

I took a breathe before looking into the car, knowing who it probably was and how they should just try and kill me then and there. The first thing I saw was a hand on the shift in the middle of the seat, a silver ring on the thumb. And then ever so slowly, as I lowered more and more, the rest of the body became visible. I knew what I would see, but yet the real sight of him made the rest of the oxygen in my body leave. I knew that I was about to see someone from my past, someone I hoped I would never see again.

Yet then again, I also knew that this day would come.

The rest of him came into view, even though I wanted to run away. I stayed where I was, I needed to face him. He wasn't supposed to kill me until tomorrow, right?

A predatory smile was on his face, and I immediately felt like the prey I was. I was so used to it being the opposite way around. His brown eyes held an evil glint that had intensified since the last time I had seen him all those years ago. Back then, he was only mischievous. How I wish that was the only look in his eyes right now.

His smile became even bigger at the look on my face. A necklace glinted from the sun on his chest. It caught my eye. Snakes were intertwined on the silver chain, and I gulped. He was working with other forces, something that I wouldn't want to mess with. I was part of the darkness, but there was some things even I couldn't handle.

A laugh escaped him and I staggered back. His voice was so compelling, so powerful, almost musical. A deadly angel.

I took a few steps back from the car, closing my eyes to calm myself with the sickness that was threatening to take over my body. My chest held the fear, along with the hate inside me. It was consuming me, making me so mad, yet fearful of what could happen.

I closed my eyes shut, shaking my head to get rid of all of these thoughts inside of my head.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" Came a male voice from inside of the car. A voice so unlike Philips. This one was more higher, not nearly as magic as Philips.

I opened my eyes in disbelief, how did he change so quickly?

But when I looked in the car, he was not in there. A man a little older than me was looking at me with concern on his features. There was no ring on his finger, no necklace around his neck. He was wearing a business suit, like he just stepped out of a big deal with his company. He had to, to be able to own a car like this.

I imagined the whole thing. I must have.

I let out a shaky breathe. A rush of relief settled through me, making it seem like the best feeling in the world. I looked up at the sky and laughed out loud. He must have thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. The chains of fear had been broken. I looked back down towards the guy who was looking at me with curiosity.