I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (12)

I tried to make this a little longer. :D

Sorry for any typos if you find any.. (:

Vote, comment, and fan if you like it...haha

Chapter 12

Sweat was covering my forehead and my eyes were squeezed shut. It wasn't often that I sweated, and when I did I turned a pinkish color because I don't drink water, only blood.

The sun was just now setting, making everything turn black on the ground while the sky was orange. The dream had woken me up early.

I sighed and sat up fully, listening around me. There were no birds, just crickets and the occasional car with loud music to pass my driveway. The sunset was actually kind of my favorite part of a day. It was beautiful like the sunrise, but I didn't get to see nightfall very often.

I pushed the covers off of my body and stood and stretched, feeling as my inhuman muscles wore the sleep off. Braedon had wanted me in another small town around here, only ten miles away this time. It had me wondering if the murders were getting closer.

I went downstairs and grabbed a bottle of blood, the dreams always made me thirsty. There was only a couple of bottles left, so I made note to make a call later.

I drained the bottle of synthetic blood down and knew that I would have to feed tonight. This blood wasn't doing me any good.

A thought came to mind.

I haven't had a fever for this kind of thirst since two-hundred years ago. My last romantic interest.

An image of the ocean and standing out watching the water came to mind. It was in Spain, where I had spent fifty years living before coming to America. Most of the reason I was in Spain was because of him. His name was Elijah.

And he just happened to have blue eyes.

All of the people I was involved had blue eyes. I figured that I was a blue eye girl.

But I knew now that nothing was a coincidence.

Elijah's eyes weren't like Braedon's were, they weren't an electric blue. His were more of a dull blue with a hint of brown at the center.

The dream last night was a haunting one. I couldn't believe how cruel I used to be. I remember everything vividly. Even what I was thinking.

The image of snapping John's neck made me cringe a little. I didn't know how I did it. Especially to the only human I had an interest in.

Philip was just an annoyance. At first I was reeled in by his good looks, but when he introduced to his only family, which was his brother, John caught my eye immediately.

He looked just like Philip, but everything was stronger on his face. The jaw line, the cheek bones, the already perfect hair, which back then was pretty hard to come by.

And of course the blue eyes.

Both of the brothers had the same color of hair, but different styles. John's was wavy which made him look kind of like a god. Philips was frizzy from hours in the humidity.

At first I didn't think that John was human. But he proved himself. I could hear the heartbeat in his chest and the smell of human blood running through him.

Philip was the same way, except he would always smell just a little bit. Everyone back then did because there was no real showers or anything. Well, except for me. My scent was intoxicating to humans. And John. He must have took a bath more regularly than the others.

I don't know why I just didn't let Philip go then. It just seemed better to go behind his back with John. And of course, John couldn't resist me.

He seemed hesitant at first, but I rubbed off on him eventually, because he came onto me about a week later. Me being me, I didn't resist.