I'm a Vampire. (23.2)

So.. Chapter 23.2. Yeah, hope you like it! Vote, comment, become a fan.The Usual.

There is probably going to be maybe 3 more chapters of this story, the next one is more than likely going to be a fun one, I hope. :D

Chapter 23.2

Day 6 - Continued

At about two AM, I finally got tired of standing around. I wanted to go out and feed, and a lot, since today may be my last day on earth. Or on the plus side, because I wanted to be strong around the irresistible scent of Philip's blood. I took one last glance at the dark grounds of my property before sighing and turning around to face the vampires behind me.

One of them hadn't even cared to look at me since my little stunt of payback. I was stupid, I was vulnerable. I blamed it all on that stupid blood of John's brother. I shouldn't have done it, and I was beginning to think that Philip had some mind control or something, because there was no way I would have acted like that around a guy I barely knew. I only did that when I was going to feed off of somebody. My heart ached to know that I had hurt somebody that I cared deeply for. Again. The vampire side of my mind was telling me, "Just be grateful you didn't kill him, again." I was starting to worship that side of me, as I should.

"John," I said, to see if I would get an answer out of him. He didn't look my way. I had a feeling he wouldn't unless I did something to make him turn my way. "Amarande, Anna. I'm going out feeding. Please don't come with, I want alone time." I said , already knowing I was being stupid to be going by myself. Amarande cleared his throat in protest.

"There's no way, you'll get yourself killed." He said to me, his black eyes locking with my green ones that would turn his color soon.

"I know, I will be careful." He let go of the blinds he had been holding and took a few steps closer to me, rage clear on his face

"Why are you doing this? You know I'm not going to let you go." he said, I looked at John, but he was still looking out the window. The only thing off was that his jaw was tense and his eyes were glazed over, probably thinking about what I was going to do. I smiled sadly.

"All I want to do is feed, Amarande. So what if I get myself killed? No one would care, mind you." I said, already turning to go. There was silence in the room. I passed Anna on the couch, who had stopped her writing to look at me.

"I would care." she said. "But I can guarantee you won't be killed when you go out to feed." she continued. Her long blonde hair framed her white face. I was almost jealous, she too could be a model. Her lips were pulled up in one corner to show her little grin. I looked at her skeptically.

"How would you know?" I asked her, watching her intently as she set her notebook down, filled with beat up pages of writing.

"I have a feeling." she said to me, taking her hand and moving a bang away from her face. I watched her for a few more moments before taking a few steps toward the closet to get my long jacket and slip it on. It had knives in there just in case.

I buttoned it up swiftly, my fingers expertly running across and closing the coat up before turning my attention to the eyes behind me. A club sounded really good, I wanted to party on my last day. What could be better? I smiled.

"I'm going clubbing too, it could be my last time." I said with a laugh, but then a sadness took over me, making my heart feel as if it had a hundred pounds stuffed into it. They must have noticed my sudden thought because John had turned around and was looking at me steadily, his blue eyes watching me in a way that made my cheeks burn even though I had little blood inside of me. Our eyes locked across the room and we stared at each other for a few moments, I could hear the drops of blood I had left had made it to my ears and cheeks. His stare was so intense, I forgot to breathe for a little bit. The heavy weight in my heart became a little heavier with the thought of losing him. I had dug a deep hole for myself in a matter of hundreds of years. My feelings came out all in a rush.

"John, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't myself, his blood made me do crazy things. Yours does too, not that his is better. I just don't pass out with his. Just...god! I'm sorry did that, the kiss wasn't even that great." I said, his eyes were still on me, watching me. He took a few steps closer until he was a few feet in front of me. "You can't blame me, I'm a vampire, I hadn't fed in days. Just please, ple-" I didn't get to finish because his hands had gone to my face, one on each side of my face. Blue eyes were right in front of me, and the only thing I could notice was the weight in my heart had been lifted. Not completely, but a couple of pounds had been taken off.

Okay, not a couple, more like a hundred of the one hundred and fifty.

His thumbs caressed my face, a gesture that made my toes move in my boots. I closed my eyes letting out the breath that I had been holding while speaking. Once I opened my eyes slowly back up to meet his, I noticed that a smile, if quite that, was making his lips come from a frown to a straight line. Maybe a little curve at the edges, and what am I thinking? I was basically staring at his lips and examining them so I could read him better. I locked my eyes with his again, not wanting him to notice what I was doing, which by the way his eyes sparkled, he did. I slightly shook my head, feeling a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered again. Talking with him so close would break this romantic moment. His fingertips touched my hair and behind my ear, a motion that almost made my knees buckled beneath me. I looked into his blue eyes again as he started to speak.

"No, I'm sorry." he told me quietly, it was then I was aware that Anna and Amarande had disappeared into the kitchen, a wall separating the living room from it. They gave us privacy, wonderful.

I lost the sarcasm when I registered what John had said. What was he sorry for? I looked back up into his eyes which now held a sadness that I hadn't seen from him before. It was like he had let the sadness build up over the years, and it was almost heartbreaking to know that I probably was the source of it.

His forehead moved with what he was thinking, it looked like he was sorting out a problem inside of his head. I lifted my hand to his chest, which was pale in comparison to his black shirt that he wore. His eyes went to my hand, and then he took one of his own off of my face and put it over mine that was on chest, holding it tightly, as he laced his warm fingers through my cold ones.

"It is my fault, I kept my brother alive. I couldn't figure it out sooner. He is a powerful creature." he said as he looked deep into my eyes, willing me to listen to his words. He squeezed my hand before adding one last sentence.

"It is my fault I love a monster."