Chapter 41

<41>

Hannah's POV

"Hey, what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" His gentle words brought more tears. I unwrapped my legs around him and he put me down. I lowered my eyes, ashamed that I became suddenly vulnerable in front of him.

I felt ecstatic at the moment. His touch I missed for so long, his kisses I dreamt every night, his manly scent that haunted me everywhere were all here now within my reach filling my senses. He didn't how much I longed for him, how much I missed him, how much a hungered for him.

"Look at me," His voice worried.

I refused to abide and so he pressed a finger under my chin and pushed my face up so he could see me. His other arm tightened around me. "Tell me what's wrong,"

I sobbed when I saw the sincerest worry in his eyes. "Did I hurt you?" He asked again. "I'm sorry it won't happen again. . . I'm sorry, please don't cry,"

"I'm just. . .happy. . ." I mumbled between sobs. He pulled me closer to his chest and I felt warm and safe around him.

"I'm happy too," He whispered and kissed the top of my head. We remained that way long enough and when he stepped back, he kissed my tears away. I knew this was all wrong, we're having an affair, but with Brandon everything seemed right, with him nothing else mattered.

We made love again on the bed, no words but full of care, comfort, and gentleness. I wished there's also love in his heart, not just this undeniable lust and desire he felt for me. As we lied on the bed wrapped in each others' arms he stroked my shoulders, his finger doing circles on my bare back.

"Let's have a date tomorrow," He said out of nowhere. I hid a smile in his chest.

"What for?" I asked pretending disinterest.

"I never courted you before. . . never dated you, I never bought you flowers or chocolates, and I never brought you to dance. . ."

I lifted my head from his chest and dropped a shy kiss on his lips. "Okay," I said and quickly leaned back on him, hiding my flushed face. My head vibrated against him as he rumbled in a laughter.

"I never thought you're that easy wife. . ."

"I've always been easy when it comes to you. ."

"I know, you've always been and so I want to give some effort now, and I have to tell you something,"

"Do I have to wait 'till tomorrow, tell me now," Again I faced him, curios. My palms flat against his bare chest, my chin propped on my knuckles.

"I'll tell you tomorrow, I want it to be romantic. Will you wait?" He met my eyes and unconsciously I nodded my head.

"What about your wife?"

"You're my wife," He replied putting a hand behind my head to kiss me.

"You always say that . ." I felt upset. "You never talked about Jenny, why you didn't bring her along, why you're having an affair with your ex-wife, why we are doing this in the first place? Why aren't we discussing about our issues?"

Brandon held me and turned me over beneath him, his face alight. Why was he happy when I felt so confused right now?

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow wife," He promised and I held onto his word. I sighed against his mouth and again we were stuck in the wave of desire.

I woke up the next day in twisted sheets from our previous night illicit exploit. I smiled and tossed over the side facing my love and watched his face. His expression was bright, no trace of dark and taut expression he used to wear. I trailed my point finger from his forehead down the bridge of his nose, and his lips. Giggling, I bit his lower lip enough to wake him. The softness of it woke up my own senses and desire. He stirred and he smiled suavely as he opened his eyes.