Chapter 35

<35>

Brandon's POV

My head throbbed from sleep deprivation and drunkenness as I maneuvered the wheel. We decided to set sail first thing in the morning. Jenny was in the kitchen preparing breakfast while James indulged himself in sight-seeing by the deck.

Hannah was still in her room. The hot kiss we shared last night kept my mind unrest. I swore to never touch her again but I broke it last night. I was drunk but I knew what I did, just couldn't hold myself back from touching her. Even now, my body screamed for her.

Jeremy and Gina were beside me holding hands. Yesterday they told me about their engagement. At first I couldn't believe it. I never suspected, though I sensed that Jeremy often spared my sister those looks of an attracted man, but Gina seemed not to care. And now, they're finally getting married.

"How come I wasn't informed about your engagement?" I said aloud.

"You chose to stay away that's your problem man," Jeremy said sarcastically and kissed my sister.

"Gross," I said and rolled my eyes. "Why didn't I notice you were flirting behind my back before?"

"Because you're too busy screwing up girls that time." Jeremy answered again and Gina slapped his shoulder.

"Don't pick on my brother." She scolded and right away Jeremy apologized like a chastened child. I roared into a laughter seeing how Gina easily cut at Jeremy's smugness.

I steadied the wheel as the currents became a little uneasy but after a while the waves calmed down.

"And did mother approved to this?" I began to call Rebecca mother again after that incident. I realized I was in the wrong and completely immature for letting hatred manipulate my life.

"At first she was mad, but then again I proved to her how much I love your sister."

"Look who's talking." I snorted. "If you knew about his filth you'll reconsider ever marrying him."

"Well she knew every detail cousin, she was the root of all my rebellion anyway." Jeremy replied, smiling like an idiot. They're happy and so much in love.

"So this started longer than I thought?"

"Yes, grade school." Gina giggled.

"What the! I couldn't believe it! How could you do this to me? Why didn't you tell me?"

Even when I was a bit annoyed and wanted to scowl at them I kept my eyes ahead of us as I sailed the yacht.

There was a simultaneous laughter from them. When they silenced Gina changed the topic.

"You should be more considerate to Hannah little brother."

Jeremy seconded her motion.

"I'm not doing anything." I defended lightly and frowned.

"Yes, but talk to Jenny and tell her not to be too sweet to you when Hannah's around."

"And why not? Jenny's my wife." I said deciding to go on with our little pretense.

I managed to tell her about our debacle yesterday and made her wear her mother's ring she would've worn for her wedding with Louis so our act would be believable. She was worried when I told her but she carried on with acting like a sweet happy wife.

"You don't understand, Hannah had suffered more than you could imagine Brandon, I'm not saying that you should be nice to her, it would actually help if you'll stay away as much as you can and flirt with your wife when Hannah's not watching." Gina insisted.