Chapter 13

<13>  

  <13>  

[Brandon's PoV]

The private jet landed in Farnborough airport smoothly although there was a bit of turbulence awhile ago while we were still up. I descended the ramp and headed towards the limousine awaiting our arrival.

Behind me, Dough carried all the essentials for the meeting and our luggage.Hopping into the limo, we drove out of the private airport to the Bulgari Hotel where Mr. Watson decided to stay together with our colleagues.

The hotel was one of the famous luxury hotels around London and they hosted corporate events. Mr. Watson decided to hold a series of activities to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Western Group. The hotel elegant and prestigious, glamouring with sophistication from the marble floor up to the entire interior design. The service remarkable too.

There were hands at our disposal waiting by the entrance. They carried our luggage while Dough talked with the customer representative to the reservation desk for our suite and they called for a roomboy and led us to our rooms.

"What's my schedule Dough?" I checked my watch. "I badly needed a rest." I said stepping inside the private elevator.

"Tonight at 8:30 there will be a wine tasting at the Hyde bar. All of your colleagues are to attend including our prospect partner Mr. Watson.Tomorrow at 9:00 there will be a golf game. At noon a luncheon. At 3:00 the riding club. And tomorrow evening, 7:00 a ball."

"A ball?" I frowned.

"Yes, all the eligible women from wealthy families are dressing themselves up to fish a prospect husband. Oh I wish I can go too. You should try to find someone for yourself as well." His voice sounded excited.

"A husband?" I intentionally misunderstood to annoy him.

"No, a wife of course."

"I'm not here to pair up with anyone. This is purely business. Nothing more."

"If you say so. Anyway, why didn't we brought Hannah with us? She's your personal assistant too right?"

"I don't need her." She's a distraction although I could've enjoyed my two nights fucking her.

"Then why did you hire her in the first place. Do you have any idea how scared I was? I thought you're going to replace me."

"That crossed my mind." I said not betraying a flicker of humor in my face. Let him worry.

"No way! God, I've been with you for how many years. I've been honest and hardworking." Dough self-pitied. And his expression was a sight to see. I hid a smile. I was quite enjoying making a fool of him.

"Are you questioning my decision now?" I faked an expression of anger and he whitened in fear.

"No. You're the boss. You can do whatever you want." He paused. "So this is how it feels like to be fired. Almost." We stepped out of the elevator on the tenth floor.