Chapter 40

<40>

Brandon's POV

I thought I saw a princess of some sort when I saw her in that glimmering dress, so beautiful and stunning, sexy in all edges. And I curled my fingers tight around the goblet of wine I held earlier to prevent myself from snatching her away from him. I decided I couldn't bare to watch her smooching with another guy, smiling her sweetest at James like a very much in love fiancee, so I left. The jealousy raw.

I went over the bar Jeremy and I frequented before and steamed off my nerves. In the roaring of the loud music, I felt my heart throbbed painfully, and a tear ran down. God, I loved her so much that it hurt. I washed a hand over my face in irritation before I took another glass.

I drank by the counter as I mused for ways to get her back. It proved to be difficult. Especially now that I could see she really meant to marry James. She desired me yes but I wasn't sure if she still loved me.

For hours I wasted my time in the bar, gulping down whiskey, refusing invitations from the women in the dancefloor, then I took the route towards home and went to bed after I changed into a comfortable clothes, my head throbbing painfully. I heard her car outside as she parked it. And when she entered our room I followed her with heavy-lidded eyes.

"How's your night, wife?"

"Great," She made her way to couch and plopped down, resting her head. She still wore that sexy ash dress. I sat up and I saw her kicked off her shoes. Her toes were red and I made my way to her.

I raked my eyes on her fatigue form and watched her bare chest moved as she breathed, without thought I stoked my fingers in the valley of her breasts up to her throat and neck. She had her eyes closed which suddenly fluttered open.

"I longed to touch you the moment I saw you earlier,"

She shuddered under my fingers and when I leaned over she awaited the kiss I was about to grant her. I grazed her white neck instead and crouched before her as I inspected her feet.

"You have blisters," I said. She looked disappointed though when I stopped my torment.

"Yeah, I stood all night," She replied.

I retrieved some ointment from the bathroom and applied it on her blisters. As I did, I was granted of the view of her knees and legs from her parted dress.

I looked up at her, and I could hear her breath hitched, her eyes warm with the familiarity of desire. I let my fingers wander over her smooth skin and dropped kisses on both her legs.

Then I stood up and turned.

"I'll sleep first," I said and went over the bed.

After a few moments, I heard her stripped off her dress and it took a lot of my willpower not to peek on her body. The bed sagged on her weight as she laid herself beside me, her breathing heavy and expectant.

"I don't feel like taking you tonight," I said and turned to my side, away from her.

The following days, I made up my resolve. I would court my wife until her wedding. We never really did courtship before so for days I sent her flowers and chocolates. At home, I barely spoke to her and kept my distance, my jealousy still intact that messed up with my head and ruined my ways to lure my wife. She never mentioned about the flowers I sent her though and I was left wondering if she trashed them away.

When I took my position back a week ago, I had quite a hard time with the transition. My mother was there to guide me though and I was grateful. She was so happy to see me back that she cried in tears.