Chapter 5

<5>

<5>

[Wilson's POV]

"What did my lawyer say?" I asked Collins who sat across me looking all nervous. For what reason I didn't give it much thought.

"I can't stay here that long, Hannah's home alone." I raged as I spoke with him, my trusted right hand. He worked for me for five years now and I never doubted his loyalty.

"Your lawyer's in Indonesia to visit his family. But he'll fly back here tomorrow."

Even when I was under investigation for a crime I never did, still my daughter was my priority. I missed her so much but I wouldn't risk her safety in exchange for an embrace. I had to be strong enough for both of us.

"Understandable. But we are running out of time."

"But you won't accept another lawyer from the law firm."

"Yes, I know." I breathed. " My lawyer's been working with my family longer than anyone else. 

"Anyway, I know Hannah must be pressing you to see me but don't bring her up here. We must protect her from enemies. I thought caging her in the mansion, not letting her see the outside world, schooling her inside were enough to protect her. But now it seems my enemies caught up with me and were after vengeance. Now that I'm out of the picture, I'm afraid she's next."

Collins remained silent and only listened with my thoughts and ranting.

"I killed no one." I told him strongly. "I was framed up."

"I believe you sir." He answered, his face serious. "But the authorities won't believe anything you say unless we present a strong evidence to prove your innocence."

"You're right. I have a lot of enemies I've wronged in the past. And there's the syndicate I once joined. And one of them must be behind all these."

"The question is who?" Collins asked. I had no idea neither.

"That I don't know but I'll find out." Ridiculous to say this because I wouldn't have the chance to do it. I couldn't escape from here. "He must hold a grudge against me, strong enough to plan this whole thing. I have to admit it was a perfect plot."

"It is sir." He agreed. "And I'll investigate about it to get you out of here." I must be the luckiest boss to have him.

"Here's the thought, I think whoever that person is he's close enough to know your every move that he managed to slipped into the mansion and buried the murder weapon into your drawer. I suspect one of these guys must be him." He laid out four pictures of familiar men on the table.

"Martin Flint, Winston Yoshima, Rob Hunt, and Trace Hamilton. These guys have enough motives to trick you. Of course, I still have to collect enough information about them to determine the guy we are after."