Chapter 30

<30>

Hannah's POV

I heard it all.

My knees trembled under me and I staggered toward the seat outside Brandon's hospital room. I heard enough to figure out everything. My husband was behind all of what happened to me and my father.

Hot tears welled my eyes, and my hand came to sooth my belly. What should I do?

"W—will you stay even after you realize that you married a devil who ruined many lives?" His words rang in my ears. He hinted me that time and I promised him.

"Of course I will, I love you."

I sobbed, it was painful that I had to find out this way. He knew all this time and he chose to keep it from me even when we were already wedded to each other. But I promised him.

What's worst, I was angry that he lied to me but more than that, I pitied him for suffering that way. I could even feel his pain in my heart. I ached for him. How could he accept the fact that he killed his own father and made a wrong man's life miserable?

He didn't mean to hurt dad, he was only driven with anger and vengeance, and he didn't know the whole truth. Had he known he wouldn't plot against my father and turn our lives into misery.

I wept as I longed to soothe him, to embrace him, to kiss him, and to assure him I would stay.

Maybe that's how strong love was. It's unreasonable and almost unbelievable. I should hate him but I just couldn't. My love for him outweighed my anger for being fooled.

Besides I saw how much he cared for me, for our baby. I knew he loved me, I heard him say when he was asleep and I held on to that. Now I understood why he seemed to be holding something from me, why at times he seemed so withdrawn, stuck in his own thought.

I hesitated on my seat, I wanted to see him so bad but I feared he might be in a very bad condition at the moment. I needed to give him time to settle his emotions. For now I needed to see dad and earn his forgiveness for my husband.

. . . . .

Fortunately I found dad at home. He was reading the newspaper in the veranda and he stood up immediately after she saw me.

"W—what's wrong honey?" He asked meeting me halfway.

I sobbed and threw myself at dad. I was so afraid that he would try to separate me and Brandon if he found out but I had to be honest with him. I had been keeping secrets from him since he went to jail and I was very guilty about it.

"Tell me," He said drawing away so he could see me.

"It's Brandon," I began in a choke.

"Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head in answer.

"Then what? Did something happen to him? Tell me,"

Then I told him everything I heard. From time to time, his lips thinned, and his face crumpled in a frown. But when I finished and expected him to confront Brandon, he didn't. He remained on his seat.

"Are you angry with him?" That's the first thing that came out from his mouth.

I shook my head.

"Then go to him,"

I stiffened in surprise. "Aren't you mad at him? Don't you want me to leave him?"

"Hannah, I knew what he did, I was aware of his moves, I had an eye on him."