Chapter 10

<10>  

  <10>  

[Brandon's POV]

To say that I was a bit preoccupied was an understatement. I was extremely disturbed the whole morning and for the first time in my entire years of doing business I wasn't myself.

She kept visiting my thoughts that I was unable to get all the pending paperwork done. Gathering myself together, I opened my email and looked through my inbox. A hundred new messages were calling for attention. I red them one by one and tried to focus all my attention but the image of her hot sexy legs wrapped around my waist distracted me.

Upset, I stood up and washed my hands over my face, and walked over the window. I groaned desperately and strolled to and fro.

I was exhausted and drowsy for Christ's sake! She kept me awake all night! And even in my waking hours she kept me restless. I was on-tenterhook as I waited impatiently for Blade's report. I called him first thing in the morning and had her identity checked so I could stop formulating crazy assumptions.

There were knocks at the door.

"Come in." I shouted. It was Blade. He came in with a pleased expression.

I approached him and snatched the damned report out of his grasp. "W-who's she?" I questioned impatiently as I scanned through the paper.

"Hannah Johnson." I red out loud. "Is she his wife?" I hoped not. And I was startled by the thought that crossed my mind.

"She's Wilson's daughter."

I froze, the revelation hit me big time. I couldn't believe he had a daughter. Why didn't he let her in public?

"He hid her in his mansion for 24 years ever since she was born.She was prohibited to go out and play with other kids her age. She was educated inside by the best educators from Oxford university and recently earned a bachelor's and master's degree. She had no access to the outside world except for the internet, books, and television.Johnson refused to hire maids to avoid her attachment with them instead he had her attend exclusive cooking lessons at home so she could take care of herself without anyone's help. Despite of her obvious limited social encounter she's not at all ignorant because she's a bright girl and studied human nature quiet so well."

"F*ck!" I cursed spitefully. How could I let myself get involved with her.She's a daughter of a criminal! Rebecca's paramour long years ago! A man who buried himself with unpaid debts. I should've known better.

"Something wrong sir?" Blade asked. His expression did not suggest worry.

I breathed deeply.

"N-nothing.Just can't wait to squeeze her into telling where the fucking vault is." I turned my back and hid my tightening jaw from Blade's curious eyes.