Chapter 14

<14>  

  <14>  

[Wilson's POV]

The longer I stayed in this cell, the more I was nearing the brink of insanity. I was paying for all my mistakes in the past and I was losing grasp of my patience.

Hannah's out there, cut loose, vulnerable and I wasn't by her side to protect her from danger that would befall her soon.

More to that, I wasn't certain of her whereabouts. If Stevens had her, if he pained her in any way, I swear to kill him.

I was certain he was after the vault that contained all the money I had left. It was part of the contract actually but I wasn't about to surrender. I wanted Hannah to have the money so she could travel abroad and stay there for good. Probably in an Asian country. Out from danger.

If I couldn't have freedom for myself I'd make sure that my daughter would have it. She had to go even it meant not seeing her forever. I wanted to give all the happiness she deserved. But as my lawyer spoke with me about the case, all the hope I held onto quickly evaporated.

"I'm not sure how I can prove your innocence to the court,"

He was a man in 60's, his hair streaked and his face wrinkled from exhaustion and old age.

"Are you telling me there's no hope of getting out? I'm losing patience Peterson! My daughter is wandering alone in the city!"

"I understand your concern but it'll take time to get an evidence in your favor. We have no lead of who planted the murder weapon in your room so I really don't know where to start." Peterson reasoned.

"Let's wait for Collins. He has a lead. He did his own research and came up with four persons of interest. He'll be here in a few minutes."

Not long, Collins appeared and occupied the seat beside Atty. Peterson.

"Did you find my daughter?" I asked hastily. He looked down-hearted as he shook his head.

"I stalked Stevens a few times but unfortunately I didn't spot her near his company premises neither his house."

"My daughter," I said miserably. The worry and anxiety slowly eating me up.

"Mr. Johnson, you have to stay strong for Hannah. Don't get yourself too stressed out. I'll find her soon." Collins said. "But for now I crossed Flint, Yoshima, and Hamilton out of the list. Hunt is the man we're after. He was out the same night when the crime was committed. Although his wife says otherwise her alibi were quite suspicious. And a reliable eyewitness saw Hunt at the crime scene only he won't testify."

"Why not?" My eyes flared with hopelessness.

"He's afraid of his life."

"Oh what a coward! I hope conscience kills him soon."