Chapter 38

<38>

Brandon's POV

Days had gone by and Jenny's words lingered in my head.

If you still love her then do something! Claim her again! You can't just watch while she's marrying some other guy!

Right after they left, Jenny spoke to me and she decided to go back to Colorado. She said she would try to move on there and get herself used to seeing Louis with his fiancee. It's the best way to move on.

She said. If she just ran away she wouldn't be able to forget him. Facing her fears could be tough but healing would come sooner or later. Her words were brave.

When Jenny left I made up my mind and decided to fight for my love. I anchored my yacht in Nantucket and left it under the supervision of a trusted old friend and then booked a flight from Massachusetts to New York.

I went straight to my house. My mustang and Mercedes Benz were still parked in the garage and the lawn appeared trimmed regularly. Curios I moved into the house. I tossed my duffel bag on to the couch. Inside the furnishings were still there and everything's just the way it used to be. The paintings in the walls were still there, my collection of figurines perched in wooden small tables in each corner of the living room, my old black couch wasn't replaced as well. Someone seemed to keep it that way. I moved into the kitchen and peeked inside the fridge. It was loaded with raw meat, bacon, and vegetables and fruits. Like the living room the kitchen was the same.

Who's living in my house?

I ran up the stairs and went inside my room. The blue coverlets were worn out from over usage. Walking over my wardrobe, I opened them and was surprised to see my clothes, suits, trousers, ties, socks were neatly organized.

More to my surprise when I saw women's clothes beside mine. I recognized them right away. I removed the white dress Hannah wore on our wedding day from the hanger. My fingers trembled as I brushed the cloth.

I walked to the bed and noticed for the first time the large photo hanging on the wall over the headboad. I stood dumbstruck. It was our wedding photo. Hannah's smiling face as she looked at me. I remember how I felt that same day. I found the girl. That's what I said that moment.

Who put this? I curled my fist around the dress.

And then I turned when the door cracked open and I saw her. She was surprised too because she paled right away.

"What are you doing in my house?" I asked coldly.

It took her a while to answer.

"Ah, I. . . I was. . I'm sorry . . I'll just go," Hannah stammered. She spun around and was ready to flee. I was quick to block her way.

"You're not going anywhere until you answer me," I casually leaned closer to smell her sweet perfume.

She looked lovely tonight in her tight skirt and white strapless top that complimented her hourglass figure. Her hair curled around her small face, her luscious lips trembling as she thought for something to say.

"I'll move out, I'm sorry for breaking into your house." She said guiltily and moved away. Hannah put the large box she was carrying on the bed as well as her handbag. She retrieved her suitcase beside the wardrobe, opened it, and laid it on the bed.

"You've been living in my house?" I asked. It's not that I was upset, I was actually pleased to find that out. I tossed the dress I was holding and moved to the bed where she's shoving her things carelessly into her suitcase.