Chapter 23

<23>

Jeremy's POV

Brandon did it. He sent Hannah away. Asshole. I couldn't understand him, he was being difficult. There's something between them, that's certain. They slept in the same room and everynight they had sex. I could hear their sounds. The groans. . .

But why would a man send away a woman he was attracted to? Really, I hated the riddles of love. Brandon had been morose since Hannah left. And that's three weeks now. I tried to stop her but she didn't listen and Brandon was deaf of my questions. I guessed there's an issue only them could solve, and I wasn't in the right place to meddle with their love affair.

"Cousin," I knocked to his office door and pushed it open.

He was on his desk in front of his computer. He didn't look up when I entered.

"It's already six." I informed.

"So?"

"Going home?" I sat on the couch and glanced about.

"Later, after I finish this up."

"Are you really busy or you just don't wanna go home because Hannah wasn't there anymore?" I looked his way and witnessed his jaw clenched. I shook my head sideways.

"Why don't you just go to her and take her back?" I tried again.

And why didn't I do that to Gina? The realization hit me. Yeah, I was advising my cousin like a love expert when my own issues were as complicated as his own. I didn't know anything.

"We're through," He replied dryly.

The loud sound of the keyboard suggested he was pressing too hard on them. He's venting his anger on the poor computer.

"You're through, huh? She's not even your girlfriend. ." I said out loud.

That did it. Brandon lifted his gaze and glared.

"How much do you know?"

"Little, just listened to my instincts."

Brandon snorted and pretended to return his attention back to the screen.

I sighed. "Let's go for a drink." I suggested.

"Ask Dough,"

"He already gone home, come on. It's been a while since we last hang out." I persisted.

He leaned back against the backrest and closed his eyes. I smiled. He really was attracted to her and I wondered if he knew that. He's obviously upset.

"Alright, let's do that. . I'm fucked up and irritated anyway, maybe it'll help clear up my fucking head. ." He said, grabbed his coat from the back of his seat, and walked out of the office. I followed him to the door, grinning.

We drove his new mustang to our favorite place. He bought it the other day and he let me use his other car. The moment we stepped into the club, wild party girls came in vision.

"Woah, see them cousin? I think I'll pick one from them tonight." I breathed when we sat on the bar and eyed the saucy firm backside of the girls in the dancefloor. The music was loud and so were the screams and shouts from the drunks.

"Perfect place to fish out," I glanced Brandon's way and he was still brooding. I wondered if he heard anything I said.

"Two martinis." Brandon said to the bartender.

The guy nodded and filled our glasses with the cocktail. As soon as he served the drinks, Brandon swiftly emptied his glass and motioned for another one.