June 22, 2012

So I have this theory about soulmates

That most people have two soulmates. One soul mate in a romantic sense, and another in terms of friendship. Others may only have one; however, I also believe that we have different soul mates for different parts of our lives. People that are perfect for us, for who we are at that point in time, or people that are meant to help us grow and evolve, reach the next spiritual plain. 

I also believe that some people are destined to help others, teach them, and after all the lessons have been taught and their student moves on, they wait for the next person to come along. Or they seek them out, urged by whatever forces they see, or feel. 

The last person - I identify as this sort heavily, because I feel driven to help certain people - is more focused on bettering others, opening eyes and bringing about change. They don’t mind doing it in harsh ways, or being brutally honest to drive the point home; however, they never forget the people they’ve helped, and they always have arms open to anyone that needs guidance. 

LIke, I tend to change friends easily; not because I no longer enjoy someone's comapny, but because I've helped them in all the ways I am able and it's time for them to move on. But I never stop caring for any of them. 

I believe that I don't have a romantic soulmate and nor do I feel any need or want for one. I'm completely happy in my own company, and being alone with my thoughts and ideas, and pouring all of my energy into one person at a time. 

I think this is why I fail so completely at maintaining more than one close friendship at a time; I tend to focus on one person more than they other, for whatever reason,I don't do it on purpose, but it's how my mind works. 

I focus on one thing at a time, but just because someone isn't my current focus does not mean I care for them any less.