April 28th, 2012

When looking for bridesmaids dressed, it only took 20 minutes because Megan never goes anywehre without knowing exactly what she wants, where it can be found, down to the details. I spent most of my time standing in a corner, just telling Erin 'Tell me what to put on, you know this isn't my thing'. The first dress they handed me was a 6, now, while I was following them around the store, I kept thinking about Loki. How he can shape shift into a woman, I kept this on my mind as I tried to shimmy into the first dress. 

Female Loki. I am Female Loki. Female Loki. Shape shifter. 

At first I tried to get my arms in first but my shoulders were to broad, -squee- then I tried legs first and my curves were too much for it. Meaning it got stuck on my thighs...

The second one was a 10, which fit fine, I had managed to detach myself from what I was doing, I answered thier questions about how it fit and all that jazz without feeling like I wanted to kill myself. 

Then I looked in the full-length mirror, and saw a tall, pale young woman in a blue green dress, dress hugging her narrow waist, supporting her full, 36C breasts. Short blonde hair, and green eyes that sparking in a slightly offbeat way. Like she knows something, something about you, and it's personal but she'll never actual tell you what it is. 

The only thing I recognize about this woman in the mirror, are the dark circles under her eyes; she doesn't sleep much, that and the small scabs on her full lower lip.I don't know who she is, this woman, but she's striking in a haunting sort of way.

I blink, then I realize that woman is me, at least, the shell that holds me. My shell, though beautiful, was not right for me.