Forbidden Mates Ch. 52

Hunter's P.O.V.

While Rose and I were in our bedroom I hear somebody knocking on the door. I let go of Rose slowly and I take her hand in mine and we head towards the front door. When Rose and I arrived at the door, I opened it to find all of my brothers standing there. I let them in and close the door and Ash says, "What was it that you wanted?" I sigh a little and say, "I had picked up an enemy pack and I think it maybe the guy that sent the letter." I look at my brothers and I see shock on their faces and Jacob says, "If it is him we will help you fight." I nod my head and Rose says, "How would we find out if it's him though?"

I realized that we have no way of knowing that it is the guy who sent the letter. I look at my brothers and Ash says, "I saw a guy surrounded by a lot of other guys, maybe its him." I nod my head and say, "Alright, how do we know if it is him?" Ash doesn't say anything for a bit and then he says, "We could send a note to them asking them to verify who they are and to prove it." I nod my head and say, "You going to do it?" Ash nods his head and he says, "I'll leave now." He leaves and Jacob says, "How long before you send the women and children into the pack house?"

I grab Rose's hand and say, "Connor, I want you to alert the pack and tell the women to take their children to the pack house." Connor leaves the house and then I turned my attention towards Rose and I say, "I need you to be in the pack house too." Rose looks up at me, shakes her head and she says, "I refuse to leave." I grab Rose's hands gently and say, "Please Rose, I need you to be in the pack house; I will feel better if you are in there." Rose sighs and says, "I'll stay there okay?" I smile at her and say, "Thank you babe, I'll lead you to the pack house." I grabbed her left hand and I lead her outside towards the pack house. When we arrived at the pack house I pulled her towards me and I kissed her hard and say, "I will come back if it is him so you know, alright?" She nods her head and I kiss her again before I opened up the door and I let her in. I went back to our house without my Rose and when I arrived inside Jacob says, "He's in town now and he's tracking him down."

I sat down on the couch and sighed aloud. I'm completely depressed now; I'm a big wreck without my Rose. Somebody places a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump a little and the voice says, "Sorry Hunter, just that Ash has been gone now for two hours." I look up to find Jacob, the source of the voice and I say, "Have you called him yet?" Jacob nods his head and he says, "I did but his phone is turned off." I sigh and say, "We will wait one more hour and then were going to search for him." Everybody sits down except for Jacob; he began pacing back and forth. I stand up walk over to Jacob and say, "Why don't you sit down?"

Jacob stops walking and he says, "Why don't you shut the fuck up; Ash could be hurt and all your thinking about is your mate!" I took a step back; I was shocked as hell and then once when I recovered, I say, "Is that all you think I'm thinking about?" Jacob nods his head and he says, "Fuck yes it is!" I look at the door and say, "Why don't you go outside and cool off?" Jacob punches at the wall and he walks outside. I run my hands through my hair and I hear a voice say, "He'll calm down Hunter." I look at the source of the voice and I see that it's Dominic.

Half an hour later Jacob comes back in and he says, "Ash is back." I stand up along with my brothers and then Ash comes inside. Oh my god, they beat him up; just as I was about to say something Ash beats me to it and he says, "It's them." I couldn't believe they beat up Ash and he continues with, "They sent another letter." I look at Ash in shock as he pulls out another letter and he reads it out loud, 'Victor, why did you send a guy to verify it was me; why couldn't you have done it yourself?" I got down on my knees and I whisper, "Why is this happening?" After that everything became silent and then Jacob leaves and a few minutes later he comes back with...my Rose I began to hear things again and Rose says, "Is it the guy?" I nod my head slowly and say, "Unfortunately." I look up at Rose as she says, "You need to get up now." I get up slowly and put an arm around Rose's waist and I say to Jacob, "Thank you for getting Rose."