Forbidden Mates Ch. 7

Rose's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning feeling an arm wrapped around my waist. I tried to remove the arm but the grip around me tightened.

My eyesight cleared up and I saw Hunter lying right next to me. I realized that the arm around me belonged to him. I tried once more to move his arm but then he grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing?" I hear him whisper.

"I need to use the bathroom." I say lying.

Hunter released my hand so I quickly got out of bed and rushed inside the bathroom.

"Don't take too long or I'll come in there and drag you out." He says.

I just roll my eyes and shut the door. I used the toilet and then as I was washing my hands, the door swings open. Hunter walks in and just watches me.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask feeling his stare.

"You done yet?" He questions.

I don't say anything to him, I just continue washing my hands and then I grab a washcloth and wipe my hands. I hung the cloth back up and I realized that Hunter was still in the bathroom with me.

"Can you move please?" I ask.

Hunter doesn't move, he just continues to stare at me.

"Stop staring." I mumble.

I hear a knock on the bedroom door. Hunter still was standing in the same spot, not moving and the knocks continued.

"You going to get that?" I ask.

It looks as if he snaps out of a trance and he backs out of the bathroom. I hear the bedroom door open and I could hear Victor's voice.

"I need to talk to you in private." I hear Victor say.

"Alright, hold on." Hunter says.

I began to walk out the bathroom when Hunter steps in front of me again.

"I'm going to have a private talk with my father. Stay put Rose." He says.

I roll my eyes but don't say anything back. He walks out and I hear the bedroom shut. I walk into the bedroom and noticed that the bedding was scattered everywhere. I'm a big time neat freak so seeing the room looking like a complete mess made me freak out.

I picked up the blankets that were scattered on the floor and tossed them on the bed. I began making the bed and as soon as I put the pillows back on the bed, I hear the bedroom door open. I look over and see Hunter walk in. He shuts the door and leans against it.

"You didn't need to make the bed." He says.

"Yeah I did. I can't stand it when things are out of order." I tell him.

I hear a chuckle and I realized that it came from Hunter.

"Are you laughing at me?" I question.

"Maybe a little. Anyways, can we go outside and talk for a bit?" Hunter asks.

Even though it sounded like he was asking me if I wanted to go with him, I knew deep down that he was demanding I go with him. The tone in his voice gave him away and I knew that if I said no, he would drag me outside.

He moves away from the bedroom door and opens it. He motions for me to follow him.

"Don't even think about running off. I will chase you down." Hunter says.

I shake my head and roll my eyes. He lets me walk out first and then he follows behind me. I'm sure the reason he let me go out first was to make sure he could keep an eye on me. I got to the front door and opened it walking out. Hunter walks out as well and then he closes the door.

There was a slight breeze in the air so I closed my eyes and felt the wind on my face. I hear someone clear their throat so I open my eyes and I see Hunter staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask.

"I find you fascinating to look at." He replies.

I just shake my head and try again to enjoy the wind on my face.

"Look I understand you're trying to enjoy the weather but we really do need to talk." He says ruining my moment.

I open my eyes, sigh out loud and then I look at him so he knows that I'm ready to listen to whatever he has to talk about.

"Look around you, tell me what you see." He says.

I survey the area around me.

"Um...I see the forest, grass, houses and people." I tell him feeling confused about what he was trying to tell me.

"What are the people doing?" He asks.

I look around again making sure this time to focus on the people.

"Most of them are training or picking vegetables from their gardens." I reply wondering where this is going.

"Correct. And do you know why their doing it?" He questions.

"What's your point?" I ask.

"Just answer the damn question." He replies.

I sigh wondering if there was a point to all this.

"Their working together as a group." I say.

"You are almost right. Their working together as a pack...my pack." Hunter says.

"Your pack?" I ask.

"Yes, my pack." He answers.