Forbidden Mates Ch. 27

Connor's P.O.V.

After I washed the dishes I decided to step outside for some air. I sat on the top steps for a bit and then I hear the door close. I didn't turn around, just waited to see if the person would talk to me. I felt somebody sit beside me so I turned to my left to face Hunter and he says, "Sorry about earlier." I shrug my shoulders and say, "Don't worry about it." Hunter glares at me and he says, "It's not fair for you to watch how everybody is with their mate when you don't have yours." I turn my head to face the grass and say, "It's not fair for you to not kiss Rose while I'm here."

Just when I'm about to speak the door opens and a voice says, "Hunter, come back to bed." I turn around and I see Rose and then Hunter stands up and he says to me, "Night Connor." I say it back and I wave goodbye to Rose. They head inside and I'm left alone again. I sigh sadly and stare up at the sky. After a while of staring at the sky, my neck began to hurt so I got up and went inside the house. I went into the room I was given and I decided to shower.

After I came out of the bathroom in just my jeans I saw Rose sitting on my bed. I make my way towards her and when I'm in front of her she says, "Need somebody to talk too?" I laugh at that and say, "You're kidding right?" Rose shakes her head and I knew then that she came in here for business. I sit on the bed beside her and I say, "What did you want me to talk about Rose?" She shrugs her shoulders and says, "Anything you want." I sigh knowing that I need this, to talk to someone so I say, "I just...I feel...depressed." Rose doesn't say anything so I continue with, "Everybody has a mate but me and I feel like it's my fault." Rose places her hand on my shoulder and says, "It's not your fault; just wait...one day she will come when you least expect it." I smile at that and I say, "I hope so...anyways, thanks for listening." Rose pats my shoulder and says, "Anytime...what was said stays between us and if you ever need to talk, I am here to listen."

Hunter's P.O.V.

I knocked on Connor's door and three minutes later the door opens. Rose is standing there so I say, "Babe, I need to talk to Connor." She nods her head and begins to walk out the door so I pull her towards me and I kiss her. Rose kisses me back and I whisper, "Wait for me in our room please." I let Rose go slowly and then she makes her way into our room and once when she was in, I walk into the room and say to Connor, "You okay?" Connor slowly nods his head and he says, "Why wouldn't I not be okay?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "I don't know."

After a while of talking with Connor, I got up and say to him, "I'm going to my mate now." I didn't give Connor a chance to reply, I just opened up his door and left. I opened up mine and Rose's door and stepped in. I saw Rose's sleeping form on the bed so I made my way quietly over to her. I saw her body move and then I heard her voice say, "Hunter?" Then Rose turned to face me so I say, "Yes babe?" Before Rose could speak, I got on top of her and she says, "What took you so long?"

I told her that I was talking to Connor and she says, "Oh?" I laugh then and say, "Babe, try and get some sleep, okay?" I hear Rose sigh and then she says, "Fine." I rolled over and I hear Rose whimper and then I grabbed her and pulled her on top of me. Rose laughs so I say, "Happy now?" I hear Rose make an agreeable noise and then I hear her light breathing so I knew that she was asleep. I kiss her forehead and a few minutes later, I was fast asleep too. I woke up the next day and Rose wasn't in bed with me. I sat up quickly and ran out the room and towards the kitchen but only Ash was in there and he was making breakfast. I grabbed him and I say, "Where the fuck is Rose?" Ash tells me that he doesn't know where she's at so I ran into everybody's rooms but she wasn't in there. Connor comes out of the bathroom in his jeans and he says, "What's going on?"