Forbidden Mates Ch. 17

Rose's P.O.V.

"How long am I going to be here?" I ask Andy.

"Until I get my mate back." Andy replies.

Boo jumps onto the couch and brushes her body against me. I reach out and stroke her fur. I was barely petting her when she jumped off the couch and up the cat tree.

I look up at Andy. "How are you supposed to get a hold of her?" I ask.

"She has his number." Another guy answers. 

I turn my head to at the guy. "And you are?" I ask.

"My name's Jamie." He answers.

Hunter's P.O.V.

"If I hand you my phone, will you call your mate and if he does have my Rose, can you set up an exchange?" I ask her.

She doesn't say anything just holds out her hand through the bars. I pull my phone out of my pocket and hand it to her. She punches numbers on my phone and then she puts it up to her ear. 

"Andy, it's me." She says.

There's a slight pause like she's listening to someone talk. 

"Hold on a sec." She says.

She takes the phone away from her ear and presses a button on the phone. 

"Alright you're on speaker." She announces.

It's silent for a bit like the person was waiting for me to talk. 

"Are you the one that kidnapped my mate?" I finally ask.

Instead of hearing a male's voice, I hear a familiar female voice call out my name. 

"Rose, are you alright?" I ask. 

"She's fine, now let's discuss when we get our mates back." A male voice responds. 

The woman pushes a button on the phone and puts it back to her ear. 

"You and I are going to have a lot to talk about when I get home." She says.

She pauses to listen. 

"Well, let me think; you left me to get captured, you never tried to rescue me, and on top of that; you decide to think it's okay to kidnap an innocent woman. So yeah I'm pissed off!" She yells. 

She listens a little more on the phone and then she hangs up. She hands me back the phone. I put it back in my pocket and look at her. 

"So when do we make the exchange?" I ask her.

"Tomorrow morning and I'm sure my mate wouldn't like that I'm covered in filth." She says.

"Drake, would you mind getting the keys for me?" I ask.

He heads over to where the keys are hung up and he hands them to me. I open the jail door and she comes out slowly.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and fed." I tell her.

I take the keys out and toss them back to Drake before walking out of the bunker. I turn my head slightly to make sure that she was following me and she was so I continued walking back home. Hope was in my house with a clean set of clothes. 

"Hope this is um..." I began to say when I realized that I didn't know what her name was. 

"It's Lily." She announces. 

"Let me show you the bathroom where you can get cleaned up." I tell her. 

Both Lily and Hope follow me to the bathroom. I step in front of the doorway and point inside to let Lily know that this was the bathroom she could get cleaned up in. Hope walks into the bathroom and places the clean clothes onto the sink.

"Hopefully these fit you." Hope tells Lily.

Lily enters the bathroom and shuts the door behind her. I went back into the living room with Hope trailing behind me. Drake was standing by the couch waiting for us. 

"So when are we getting Rose back?" Hope asks.

"Tomorrow." Drake answers.

I nod my head. "So for now, we play nice to our guest." I say. 

I head into the kitchen to prepare some dinner for Lily. After I got done, I grabbed a plate from the cabinet and scooped some food onto the plate.

"That smells good." I hear a female voice say.

I turn around with the plate in hand and I see Lily standing there wearing the clean clothes Hope had given her with a towel wrapped around her head. I place the plate on the table and then I turned around to grab a fork. When I turned back around with the fork in hand, Lily was sitting at the table. I hand it to her and then I opened up the fridge and pulled out two bottles of water and put one down in front of Lily. 

I open up the bottle and drank about half of it before leaning against the counter. I thought about Rose and wondered if she was truly okay.

I finished the bottle of water and tossed it in the trash.