Forbidden Mates Ch. 12

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Is that what you want?" I ask Rose.

She nods her head so I got off the bed and helped her to her feet. Her foot gets caught in the blanket and she smacks into my chest. I nearly fell backwards onto the floor but I managed to keep myself upright. 

"You alright?" I ask.

"I'm fine." She responds. 

I let go of her slowly just in case if she wasn't able to keep her balance. After my arms were gone from her waist I noticed that her hands were still on my chest. I look at her and noticed that she kept staring into either my eyes or my lips. 

Was she wanting me to kiss her? Should I make the first move? I was too wrapped up in my thoughts to notice that Rose had gotten up on her toes and her faces was merely inches away from my face. 

"Hi there." I say.

She just stares at me some more. 

"May I kiss you?" I ask.

She nods her head a little so I leaned towards her and just as I was about to kiss her, someone started knocking on the bedroom door. I growled slightly, I ignored whoever was at the door and tried again to kiss her. She pulled away from me which slightly...okay it really pissed me off. 

I went over to the door and opened it. It was my dad standing out in the hallway. 

"Hey dad." I say.

"Hey Hunter. Are you and Rose hungry?" He asks.

I look over at Rose and see that she's nodding her head. I smile at her, I was glad that she wanted to eat. I glance back at dad and nod. 

"Alright then, food's about done." He says.

Dad leaves, probably heading to the kitchen so I went back to Rose. I was hoping to get that kiss she owed me but instead she makes her way out of my room. She starts walking out into the hallway. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" I ask.

"To the kitchen." She replies without stopping. 

"Rose wait." I announce. 

She stops in the middle of the hallway and turns around to face me. 

"What about that kiss?" I question. 

She shrugs. "What about it?" She replies. 

"I want it." I demand.

"Well, I'm hungry so you can wait." She answers. 

She turns around and walks off heading to the kitchen. I just stare at her back until she turns off to the right. I went after her and grabbed a hold of her before she goes into the kitchen.

"I want that kiss." I say grabbing her arm.

She doesn't struggle against me, instead leans her body against me. I take my free hand up to her cheek and stroke it gently. I lowered my head down towards her, I look at her luscious lips that were just begging to be kissed. 

I noticed that she was standing on her toes and leaning herself towards me. I guess she was getting impatient with me but I was already impatient with her. I pulled away from her, I was wanting her to work for it. 

She reaches up with both hands and she wraps them around my neck and she pulls me down to her height. I chuckle at her need for my kiss. I decided to give her what she wanted so I let her pull me closer. 

She licks my lips and then she looks into my eyes. She smiles at me and I knew that was enjoying this. She was enjoying teasing me. I put a hand behind the back of her head and pulled her towards me. I was about to kiss her when someone cleared their throat. 

I growl slightly and look over to my left to see my dad. I was getting sick and tired of all these interruptions. 

"Dinner is getting cold and I'm sure that Rose would like to eat." Dad says.

I let go of her slowly and backed away a little. Dad waits for us to follow this time. I grabbed her hand and followed dad to the kitchen. After we got our food, I pulled out a chair for Rose and she sat down. The food was already on the table waiting for us so I sat down beside her and began eating. I noticed that the food was a little cold but still warm. 

"I told you that it was getting cold." Dad says. 

I guess dad saw the face I made when I discovered that it was slightly cold. I look over at Rose to see that she was eating. I chuckle a little and ate what was on my plate. 

After eating, I grabbed Rose's plate and rinsed them off in the sink. Rose gets off the chair so we head upstairs, she sits on the bed and gets her shoes on.

"Why are you getting your shoes on?" I ask.

"You were going to show me your wolf remember?" She tells me.

"Was I?" I question.

She looks like she's either about to get angry or cry.

"I'm kidding, love. Let's get ready." I say.

She doesn't look too happy about me teasing her but she doesn't say anything. She gets her shoes on and stands up. 

She doesn't look at me. "Can we go now?" She asks.

"Rose, please look at me." I beg.